Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Re: 1989 Pete Rose Gamer on ebay

Wow, I managed to say hopefully this helps for 50% of my post. I should proof these things.

Quote Originally Posted by dougiedshow View Post
    Hopefully this helps, I recently met Ken at the National so thought I'd just go to the source. I've known Ken for 12 years via fantasy baseball. Met him for the first time in Baltimore when he was promoting his new auction goldinauctions. See below, hopefully this helps. While it can't speak to this specific jersey, at least it gives us an answer on Rose. I know he does have a relationship with Rose. You probably saw on ESPN that he is auctioning off Rose's MLB banishment contract. http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/83...-auction-block Anyways, below is the reply he sent when I asked about this jersey. Hope it helps.

Post on there you spoke to ken goldin and in 89-91 rawlings would allow SB to order jerseys that were basically "game ready" and had year and set tags in them. Pete Rose jerseys were signed and sold with set tags in them
    Also post my email. Ken@goldinauctions.com and tell them I am open to individually helping out any collector who emails me, and would like to post at GUU but no forum operator currently exists to activate accounts.

This should ingratiate me with the group, until I have an account.
    Good information here, no doubt. I was wondering if anyone could post tagging from any common player/any team dated 1989 which shows that Scoreboard style tagging?

Banned

Re: 1989 Pete Rose Gamer on eBay

So, can we finally put to rest this jersey is not what is advertised? It hurts because it happens from time to time, but there is little doubt that this jersey was not a game used 1989 Pete Rose jersey.

Scoreboard or not, the jersey is not correct for the time or era as a game used jersey. An error was made authenticating it and just because the seller is a first class seller (I can vouch for them as being one of the best) the jersey being offered on eBay is not what it was originally authenticated as and the letters should be revoked by those who wrote them because time has passed and we can all agree more information is now available than 12 years ago and this jersey is not properly tagged to be a game used jersey.

Remember, Scoreboard was doing nothing wrong - They ordered jerseys from Rawlings and had them autographed. They were basically ordered pro-cuts that were delivered similar but slightly different from what the players actually wore. No one was thinking back then they could later sell these jerseys as game used.

Quote Originally Posted by ironmanfan View Post
    Good information here, no doubt. I was wondering if anyone could post tagging from any common player/any team dated 1989 which shows that Scoreboard style tagging?
    The above further validates my theory, until i see a common with the scoreboard style tagging.

Great additional info provided from Dougiedshow. I would like to hear from Reds experts on the font size difference on the numerals and on the logo between the 1989 Reds jersey I posted with the proper tagging and the ebay jersey with the "scoreboard style" tagging.

Which is correct for the Reds in 1989?

Quote Originally Posted by jbsportstuff View Post
    The font on my size 44 is different as well.
    One thing that hasn't been previously noted in the Scoreboard discussion threads but I have noticed with Scoreboard jerseys is that they also lack the "Made in the USA" notation on the patch. The Rose jersey lacks this notation. I'm not claiming that the Rose jersey is from Scoreboard. It's just an observation.

Scott

Re: 1989 Pete Rose Gamer on eBay

Quote Originally Posted by trsent View Post
    So, can we finally put to rest this jersey is not what is advertised? It hurts because it happens from time to time, but there is little doubt that this jersey was not a game used 1989 Pete Rose jersey.
    Not so fast. Personally, I want a lot more information.

Where is the proof that Scoreboard sold Rose jerseys? For example, I would like to see a magazine ad.

In what years did they sell them? In what venue?

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    I agree the tag inconsitency exists, but, like Chuck, I've never seen a quantity of 1989 home Rose jerseys in the marketplace. As for the 1990-91 Rawlings tag being on a 1989 jersey, I believe way back in the dark ages, I posted photos of a couple of Mets commons with the 90-91 tag on 1989 jerseys on the MEARS site. It's rare, to be sure, but, until there's proof that Rose was a Score Board participant, I stand by my call. Dave Miedema
    Dave, Let's say that the Reds or Rose ordered more jerseys in the middle of the 1989 season because he had given away most of the initial order. Is it possible that those jerseys would have had the later tagging? Thx.

Quote Originally Posted by tacprc View Post
    Dave, Let's say that the Reds or Rose ordered more jerseys in the middle of the 1989 season because he had given away most of the initial order. Is it possible that those jerseys would have had the later tagging? Thx.

What about the NOB and numeral size, and logo size on the ebay jersey?

The pictures I have been able to find show it match the 89 jersey I posted from AMI and not the ebay jersey. I would like reds experts to help answer which jersey has the proper size numeraqls and letters and logo for 1989...

Super Moderator

Ken says he personally owns several of these Rawlings scoreboard autographed jerseys. He will post pictures of his jerseys so that we can compare the tagging as soon as his guu account is approved. I didnt ask, but maybe he has a list of athletes as well, that could put a lot of these issues to bed.

Quote Originally Posted by dougiedshow View Post
    Ken says he personally owns several of these Rawlings scoreboard autographed jerseys. He will post pictures of his jerseys so that we can compare the tagging as soon as his guu account is approved. I didnt ask, but maybe he has a list of athletes as well, that could put a lot of these issues to bed.
    Well he may be waiting for sometime, I've heard from other people who tried to register and they were either never approved or it took along time.