Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Banned

Exclamation Re: 1989 Pete Rose Gamer on ebay

I would like to see Ken Goldin's photos, as well, but I agree that I may have made an error, based on information not known in mainstream circles at the time. I await Ken's input anxiously.

Dave Miedema

Re: 1989 Pete Rose Gamer on eBay

Quote Originally Posted by jppopma View Post
    Joel, You sell alot of pro-cut jerseys. I know you make certain that you indicate the tagging on the jersey as that is what makes it a pro-cut. Scoreboard would have done the same if they were marketing the Rose jerseys as a signed pro-cut. Scoreboard also sold autographed authentics and the Rose listing is worded much like those jerseys were described. I just don't see that the Rose Scoreboard add has much evidenciary value...that's all my theory is based on. JP
    JP, When you say "autographed authentics," do you mean a team issued jersey or a non-pro-cut replica? Thanks.

Re: 1989 Pete Rose Gamer on ebay

Quote Originally Posted by lon lewis View Post
    Someone asked for a scan of a "common player" with the '90 tags in an '89 jersey so here you go- 1989 Pat Sheridan S.F. Giants road jersey. Sheridan was traded to the Giants by Detroit in June of 1989.
    Lon, Could you please tell us the size (length, width) of the letters and numbers on the front and back of your 1989 jersey? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by tacprc View Post
    Lon, Could you please tell us the size (length, width) of the letters and numbers on the front and back of your 1989 jersey? Thanks.
    How would Sheridan use "1989" jersey with 1990 tagging? Has to be team issued 1990 Sheridan jersey though he never played in the major in 1990.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

I think we've determined that what some thought was 1990 tagging does appear in 1989 jerseys. The Paul O'Neill jersey was another example.

Fyi, I received an email from a Reds collector as regards the Rose eBay jersey. He said, " I do like the bleeding between the sleeve stripes. All the 1989's I have ever owned had the same bleeding."

Quote Originally Posted by tacprc View Post
    I think we've determined that what some thought was 1990 tagging does appear in 1989 jerseys. The Paul O'Neill jersey was another example.
    on the oneill is that 3 (1989) or 4 (1990) lines of washing directions? i cannnot tell from your photo.

also how would a 1990 tagging even appear on a Set 1 of a player jersey?
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Quote Originally Posted by joelsabi View Post
    on the oneill is that 3 (1989) or 4 (1990) lines of washing directions? i cannnot tell from your photo.

opps 3 (1990) or 4 (1989)
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by joelsabi View Post
    i figured out this is possible as each order even late in the season are renumbered (ie. 2 jerseys in an order has a set 1 and a set 2)
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jppopma View Post
    Joel, You sell alot of pro-cut jerseys. I know you make certain that you indicate the tagging on the jersey as that is what makes it a pro-cut. Scoreboard would have done the same if they were marketing the Rose jerseys as a signed pro-cut. Scoreboard also sold autographed authentics and the Rose listing is worded much like those jerseys were described. I just don't see that the Rose Scoreboard add has much evidenciary value...that's all my theory is based on. JP
    In 1989-1990 no one knew what a pro-cut was. That term became the norm with NBA jerseys a few years later.

I have received a lot of contact over this jersey, and I'm suspicious of all four jerseys posted, 1989 Set 1. Did Pete Rose order some extras? How come two jerseys are signed identically in the center of the front and two signed identically below the #14 on the front? Makes me think something is suspicious with all four.

I have been told that Pete Rose may have been selling his jerseys in 1989 also, but very odd all four jerseys have similar signature on the front. I'm beginning to question all four jerseys as being Scoreboard. If Pete was selling them himself, how could the signature always be in a similar location of two places? Didn't any get signed on back?

I'm so confused. In the meantime, I stand behind my original assessment of this jersey and I'm sorry to see a mistake was made.