Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

1989 Pete Rose Gamer on ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1989-Pete-Ro...item3cc9fb153d

I noticed the 1989 Pete Rose gamer on ebay with three LOA's appears to have the scoreboard tagging as opposed to the true 1989 tagging in that it is missing the 4th laundering instruction "Do not use in Automatic Dryer" and the incorrect numeral font on the size.

This link details a discussion on the tagging:

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ght=scoreboard

Does anyone have a 1989 gamer of a common player without the 4th laundering instruction?

Re: 1989 Pete Rose Gamer on ebay

appears as if one of the LOA's comes from our own Dave Miedema...I'm sure Dave can add his insight on this....

Any input or thoughts from our Reds collectors or Dave? I know that Sports Investments is a big reds memorabilia owner/dealer, but I don't think the jersey is good. If presented with the facts, the owner could possibly try and and get a refund from them?

Banned

Since the jersey has an LOA from Sport Investments, I'm sure it's 100% genuine. I've never had a problem with any of their items. Give them a call if you want more information about the jersey. I'm sure they would be happy to anyswer any of your questions.

Quote Originally Posted by schubert1970 View Post
    Since the jersey has an LOA from Sport Investments, I'm sure it's 100% genuine. I've never had a problem with any of their items. Give them a call if you want more information about the jersey. I'm sure they would be happy to anyswer any of your questions.
    I can't really tell if you are kidding or serious?! I detailed my issues with the jersey above. Based on reasearch, i think it is a scoreboard jersey. I am sseing if someone has tagging of a common player from 1989 that matches this Rose tagging. I am also hoping Dave chimes in on this since his LOA is attached...

Does anyone have more precise information on the Scoreboard jerseys? In what year(s) were they sold? Which players? How many jerseys per player? How were they sold -- via SCD ads only? Thanks.

That's the most pristine flag tag I've ever seen from a "game used" jersey. I own a Browning from 1989 and you are exactly correct on the tagging having a 4th and a 5th line. I'll post pics later tonight. I think that you have something. Anyone can make a mistake on issuing a COA.

Mine has a 4th line that says "Do not use" and the 5th line says "automatic dryer."

Quote Originally Posted by jbsportstuff View Post
    That's the most pristine flag tag I've ever seen from a "game used" jersey. I own a Browning from 1989 and you are exactly correct on the tagging having a 4th and a 5th line. I'll post pics later tonight. I think that you have something. Anyone can make a mistake on issuing a COA.

Mine has a 4th line that says "Do not use" and the 5th line says "automatic dryer."
    The font on my size 44 is different as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jbsportstuff View Post
    The font on my size 44 is different as well.
    Here is the tag from my 1989 Browning jersey.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks for posting. Your jersey certainly helps further confirm my tagging theory. Would like to hear from Dave on this.

Here is the tagging on another common from 1989: