Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Pirates BP Jersey Question

I have a black Pirates BP jersey (it's not a complete button down, just has 2 buttons at the top). No number on the front. Number 43 on the back, no name. Size 50. Tag on the inside says 0006. Anybody know when it's from? Thanks

Banned

Question Re: Pirates BP Jersey Question

With the 0006 code, it could be anywhere from 1997-2002. To narrow it down more, then MLB neck logo was added in 2000 and NOBs wwere added in 1999. What size is the jersey?

Dave Miedema

Re: Pirates BP Jersey Question

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    With the 0006 code, it could be anywhere from 1997-2002. To narrow it down more, then MLB neck logo was added in 2000 and NOBs wwere added in 1999. What size is the jersey?

Dave Miedema
    Size 50

Banned

Lightbulb Re: Pirates BP Jersey Question

Quote Originally Posted by dylanharr View Post
    Size 50

Looks like it was worn by pitcher Paul Wagner.

Dave M.

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    Looks like it was worn by pitcher Paul Wagner.

Dave M.
    I don't think so. The jersey has the MLB logo on the neck, but no name on the back. I believe it's Mike Wiliiams. Paul Wagner would have been too early

Does it have the "Pirates" across the chest or the logo on the left breast? They changed styles right about this time period. The Pirates sometimes had NOB, other times not. The logo ones all had the NOB.

You are right on Williams being #43 from 99-03 (when they switched to the cool base ones in 03). Is there evidence of a nameplate being removed?

Another option would be if they used similar BPs in Spring Training for the minor league camp.

Banned

Question Re: Pirates BP Jersey Question

The logo throws this into a whole 'nother realm. NNOB BPs were retired before the logo was added. Now I'm scratching my head on this one.

Dave Miedema

Quote Originally Posted by jppopma View Post
    Does it have the "Pirates" across the chest or the logo on the left breast? They changed styles right about this time period. The Pirates sometimes had NOB, other times not. The logo ones all had the NOB.

You are right on Williams being #43 from 99-03 (when they switched to the cool base ones in 03). Is there evidence of a nameplate being removed?

Another option would be if they used similar BPs in Spring Training for the minor league camp.
    Logo on left chest. No evidence of nameplate being removed. I'd definitely be able to tell because it's a mesh type of material

With the MLB logo on back it would narrow it down to 2000-03. Without the NOB though, it might have been from a minor league camp.