Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ray Lewis, NFL Auctions Question

There is a Ray Lewis Authentic Jersey up for auction right now, see link below:

http://www.nflauction.nfl.com/cgi-bi...unbr=194102231

Auction states it is a "46" but listing shows 09-48...does NFL Auctions use stock photos when selling items and that isn't really the jersey you will receive? With this tagging, doesn't it seem this would be a game issued jersey as opposed to a straight authentic?

I don't normally buy NFL stuff so I apologize if this is a stupid question, this would be for a gift...Thanks in advance for any responses.
    WANTED, CNT Team USA Jerseys:
    2000, Kirk Saarloos
    2002, Chad Cordero/Shane Costa/Wes Littleton
    2004, Ricky Romero
    2005, Blake Davis
    2006, Wes Roemer
    2008, Christian Colon/Josh Fellhauer/Jared Clark
    2009, Christian Colon
    2010, Noe Ramirez/Nick Ramirez

isimovich (at) gmail. com

Banned

Re: Ray Lewis, NFL Auctions Question

At the bottom of the page they give an email address - I would email them and ask your question:

For customer service inquiries, please contact:

nfl.auction@nfl.com

My Concern Is That It's Missing The "r" On The Nameplate.
    Every One They Sell Is Like That. Not Worth The 550 Its At
    If Its Not 100% Exact. Imo

Banned

I have bought alot of NFL Auctions stuff, the pictured item is normally what you get. They make errors all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by COWBOYS4EVR View Post
    My Concern Is That It's Missing The "r" On The Nameplate.
    Every One They Sell Is Like That. Not Worth The 550 Its At
    If Its Not 100% Exact. Imo
    I tend to agree.. why is there no "R." on the nameplate? Might be an issued jersey because of the size/year tagging, but that jersey just isn't right.

Banned

Ok am I missing something on this one????

People are wondering if it is game issued or authentic?

Unless the description states game issued or used I would take it for face value and say its probably Authentic if thats what there saying it is.

If for some weird reason NFL Auctions made a mistake are calling it Authentic when it is really Issued. Buy into it as an Authentic with the upside that it could be Issued.

My next question is, is a Ray Lewis Autographed Jersey really were that much??

Quote Originally Posted by suave1477 View Post
    Ok am I missing something on this one????

People are wondering if it is game issued or authentic?

Unless the description states game issued or used I would take it for face value and say its probably Authentic if thats what there saying it is.

If for some weird reason NFL Auctions made a mistake are calling it Authentic when it is really Issued. Buy into it as an Authentic with the upside that it could be Issued.

My next question is, is a Ray Lewis Autographed Jersey really were that much??
    Have you ever seen a retail authentic with the year/size tagging in neck like that? I haven't.

Banned

No because I do not follow football items and thats more so my point. As I stated buy into it as an Authentic and if an Issued pops up on your door step, the more the better. But again I dont know what the value of a Ray Lewis autograph is, so to me it seems a bit high anyway.

I don't know WHAT I'd call it, all I know is it's not 100% correct of anything.

A retail authentic wouldn't have the year/size tagging in the neck. It has sleeves that look like a retail authentic. An issued/worn would have the year/size tagging BUT one would think the name would be CORRECT, reading "R. Lewis" .. and probably have altered sleeves and bottom.

So, if one doesn't care about those technicalities and really wants his autograph, I guess it's worth the auction price. Yuck.

Banned

Ok I got the perfect explanation for this Jersey.

Maybe this was made for Ray but since it was a blunder on the manufacturers behalf of by accident making the Jersey with out the "R". Lewis didnt want to wear it. So now the NFL gets this left over Jersey and knwoing they cant sell it as Game Issued because no one would believe that this Jersey was issued to Ray Lewis knowing it didnt have the R on it they decided to sell it as an Authentic and of course knowing it is still missing the R which would lessen the value of it selling, they asked Ray to Autograph it to help boost its sales.

Just a theory!!