Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

67/68 Saints Gamer

I'm always looking for gamers at the game. This is the only one I saw today and I was startled to see what looked to be a been-to-hell-and-back 1967 or 68 Saints gamer. Check it out:

Compare to

and

Can anyone comment on this possibly rare item? I didn't know the guy and was trying to get my tickets so I could not talk to him.

Tom
    Lafayette, LA

Re: 67/68 Saints Gamer

What a thing of beauty! Great to know that these are still lurking out there, sometimes it seems like it's been ages since a decent item showed itself. Thanks for posting!

Banned

Heck, I would have followed him to his seat and bought him as many beers as he wanted. After he was liquored up, I would have made him a cash offer and bought it off his back.

Banned

Wait are you telling me this guy is wearing an actual 1967/68 Saints game used Jersey or is this some type of retail Jersey?

total gamer, I would have max-ed out the ATM at the Superdome to pry that one off his back.

Banned

Thats absolutely disgusting.............. reminds me of the American Memorablia Auction catalog

I think it's doubtful that this is a collector who purchased a game-worn vintage Saints jersey for thousands of dollars and then wore it to a game. Rather, more likely this has just been in his family for a few decades and he has no idea he's wearing something valuable. It hasn't "entered the hobby" yet. This is one way that new items get unearthed. A Steelers Rocky Bleier hit the market that way, a guy had it in his family for years and he wore it to a Super Bowl party where he was told of it's value and he put it on ebay. Mustard stain and all, a great item!