Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Bulldog Turner Jersey Card Question

Hi everyone-

I recently picked up this great looking card of Bulldog Turner and Brian Urlacher.
    I loved the Bulldog patch, but after I did some investigating, I can not come up with any example of the Bears wearing this type of jersey in the years Bulldog Turner played (1940-1952).
    The Bears website says "By 1949, the team introduces what will become its distinctive uniform number font style for the next half-century, with classic "rounded" numerals in white on the navy jersey."

I can't find any examples of this jersey style until well after Bulldog retired.
    I was hoping that Leaf would show a picture of the original jersey on the back of the card, but no such luck.

Is this card a mistake or a fraud from Leaf?

Thanks for any help on this issue,
    Alex
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Re: Bulldog Turner Jersey Card Question

People make mistakes. Leaf, Inc. is a corporation. With that said, corporations are people. Leaf loves his grandma, as all corporations love their grandmas.
    With that said, any corporation who cuts up a game used relic, deserves to be slapped by his grandma.

Re: Bulldog Turner Jersey Card Question

I'm curious if anyone here has any record of a game used Bulldog Turner Bears jersey ever being available through an auction, consignment or private sale. Maybe one has, I honestly don't know...

My point is that I'm always suspicious when a vintage Hall of Fame jersey shows up on a card, but we've never seen the jersey available on the market. Of course it could happen, and be perfectly legit, but it would mean that the card company sourced a super-rare jersey from a private source that never attempted to sell it previously on the market. That would be quite the hookup.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Anthony Nunez
    Historian, USFL Houston Gamblers
    www.Houston-Gamblers.com