Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Babe Ruth game used bat for $10,000

http://cgi.ebay.com/Babe-Ruth-Game-U...mZ230042455151

I just saw this ... it was snagged off of eBay pretty quickly for $10,000. What do folks think? A Babe Ruth game used bat for $10G is an incredible steal, correct?

Reid
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Re: Babe Ruth game used bat for $10,000

Isn't this the same seller who invented the side written Joe Jackson bat a month ago? is it Peter Freund?

no photo of the center brand?

anyway, i've a somewhat related question. if you've got a highly desireable item that's worth X amount, then why would you sell it for half that price? the ebay auction states that a bat "that is nearly identical to this one that sold recently at Mastro Auctions for $25,000+". if an almost identical bat sold for $25k, why would they sell this one for $10k? why not consign it to mastro or whoever and get $15-20k?

i'll often see similar ads that say the item is worth X amount and they're selling it for less than half. if the item is really worth X amount then why don't they get that amount for it?

rudy.

I emailed the seller (again, anyone want to bet if he'll respond?) and the buyer. This Freund guy is unreal!

Ken

Here is the original auction that Peter won the Ruth in. AMAZING....it used to have the 36" inch marks stamped on the knob, and during the transport to him, it disappeared!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=250023601626
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Always looking for vintage game used bats of Houston Buffs and Colt .45's players.

Ken, Marcus, Rudy, corsairs, and others...

I had similar "questions" about this item. Truly remarkable. You have to feel terrible for the buyer. That is a ton of money - Could you even imagine flushing $10,000 down the toilet?

Reid
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Banned

Is this type of thing happening more frequently now or are more people finding these ummm gems?

Make a mental note on this item also. I bet we see it again.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=180023400347

Another opportunity for the Inch Mark Gremlin.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Always looking for vintage game used bats of Houston Buffs and Colt .45's players.

Banned

This a**hole (championshipsportsinvestments) is a true piece of garbage.

I'm sure the buyer will be notified.

This is a travesty - I have contacted the Buyer who I know very well........thanks for the great investigative work done by all of you....truly sad........