Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

In Your Opinion, Which Is More Desirable From Your Favorite Player... A Game Used Jersey Or Game Used Helmet?

A Friend And I Were Having This Discussion Today And I Say Helmet Because They Are Much More Rare And Used In Multiple Games- Considering The Players Are Only Issued 2 Helmets Per Year...
    I'd Love To Hear Your Thoughts...

Re: In Your Opinion, Which Is More Desirable From Your Favorite Player... A Game Used Jersey Or Game Used Helm

I would have to say ... depends on availability and funds.

I would love to get my hands on a Curtis Granderson's helmet (from Yankees era) - but I have not seen one in the market for a while.

On the other hands, I own two Grandy's gamers. One home and one road. I am still looking to expand if they are reasonable of course. Had a chance to obtain two milestones jersey - DJ3K and 100th Fenway Anniversary --- but damn, the price is way way out of my league!

If you want it for personal collection and never ever thinking of flipping - I would say a helmet.

But if you are looking to "recycle your collectible's fund", then I would say the jersey. It is an easier sale and profit margin is a little better ... and best of all, it takes less room for storage.

Re: In Your Opinion, Which Is More Desirable From Your Favorite Player... A Game Used Jersey Or Game Used Helm

Im a college football guy (LSU)......i would rather a jersey.....although a solid photomatched pro combat helmet would be cool too.
    WTB or Trade for LSU GU Jerseys and other LSU GU items email me at gaytorhater703@gmail.com

Since the only game used I collect are jerseys, I vote jersey!

As a helmet guy I am voting for that option. They are much more rare, easier to display and look way cooler IMO. Jerseys are much more plentiful and not as easy to nicely display. I own the NFL worn rookie jersey, cleats and issued gloves of one of my favorite players from college...yet I would trade it all for his helmet in a heartbeat.

If you are looking for re-sale I tend to agree with others on here that you may get more value for a jersey. I don't lose money on helmets but you don't make alot either unless it's really rare and has outstanding documentation.

So obviously it depends on your reasons for wanting the item in the first place.

For me it might be helmet. Helmets seem a lot more unique and rare, as you don't see them as often as jerseys.

I'd prefer a helmet over a jersey, ONLY if it had a great characteristic- such as excessive pine tar or a break that can be photomatched.

If not, I'd take a jersey- even without a COA.

Banned

A jersey no doubt. Although a helmet is rarer I would rather have a jersey any day.

For favorite player, I vote jersey. But for favorite team -- or to representat a team -- it's definitely helmet.

Banned

Cool Re: In Your Opinion, Which Is More Desirable From Your Favorite Player... A Game Used Jersey Or Game Used Helm

I'll take th jersey, although if a player gave me a helmet, I'd take it...I wouldn't go out and buy one unless it was to flip.

Dave Miedema