Batting Helmet Display Cases: NEED HELP!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • frikativ54
    • Dec 2007

Re: Batting Helmet Display Cases: NEED HELP!

Originally posted by rufusandherschel
    How 'secure' do you want the 'helmet stand' to be? If the 'support' for the helmet does NOT have to be secured to the base (of a helmet stand) or bottom/floor of the display case, I might think about using the display case with the Broncos football helmet (previously mentioned for $45 + shipping) and a tall, clear drinking glass to support the helmet. That set-up would resemble the last mentioned display case with a football helmet, would be considerably less expensive than any of the previous options/recommendation, AND still look nice and professional (IMO).

Just a thought! Good luck!
    Thanks for the suggestion; it's definitely one to think about. I'm hoping for it to be at least somewhat secure, in case of earthquake or other disaster. But that's a good idea to save money. Too bad the one with the circular support is $130 with UV protection; that price could buy me another game-used helmet.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Comment

• Astros1994
      • Jun 2009

Originally posted by frikativ54
      Helmets are hard to get. Unless a player cracks one, they are difficult to find.
      Les,

It is my understanding that all Major League teams are to switch over to the new S100 batting helmets for the 2013 season. If that is the case you should be seeing a lot of batting helmets on the market in the near future.

Scott

Comment

• frikativ54
        • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Astros1994
        Les,

It is my understanding that all Major League teams are to switch over to the new S100 batting helmets for the 2013 season. If that is the case you should be seeing a lot of batting helmets on the market in the near future.

Scott
        Hey Scott,

Nice to hear from you. What about the S100s means there will be more on the market? Do they crack easily?
        Les Zukor

(617) 682-0408

Comment

• Astros1994
          • Jun 2009

Originally posted by frikativ54
          Hey Scott,

Nice to hear from you. What about the S100s means there will be more on the market? Do they crack easily?
          The reason I think there will be more batting helmets available soon is with the switch to the S100's all of helmets used up till now, other than the few S100's already in use, can no longer be used. Since the teams cannot use the helmets and can't recycle them to the minors I think they will end up selling their 2012 helmets and any old stock they have on hand.

Comment

• frikativ54
            • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Astros1994
            The reason I think there will be more batting helmets available soon is with the switch to the S100's all of helmets used up till now, other than the few S100's already in use, can no longer be used. Since the teams cannot use the helmets and can't recycle them to the minors I think they will end up selling their 2012 helmets and any old stock they have on hand.
            Thanks for the explanation. I'll be going to the M's home opener next year (against Houston ), so I'll have to check things out.
            Les Zukor

(617) 682-0408

Comment

Working...