X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 3arod13
    • Apr 2006

Re: Alex Rodriguez Home Run Bat Error?

Originally posted by suave1477
    I do agree with Tony and it works both ways.

Sometimes a player will just write whatever and some are very anal and will make sure themselves. I have had brought bats to players and told them its one of there game used and they responded with an "Oh Yeah? Let me check it out and I'll let you know if I used" some players are very particular. So when it comes to these players such as an AROD who is selling his game used stuff a lot of times they dont keep track of whats what and most likely they could care less too, they let there handlers do that and there handlers probably put stuff in front of him and tell him fo what occassion to sign for. Can you blame AROD sure you can, but lets all be realistic, he is human and he is busy and I am sure keeping track of a game used bat as opposed to closing on million dollar investment deals is not a high priority on his list. And I cant blame him, if it was me in the same position I would want to be able to offer my fans a piece of the game that came from my hands or back but at the same time I just dont have time for it and have bigger and better things to worry about.

This is just my opinion!!
    After all I've been through, and what I've learned in all the dealings and research I've done over the past few years. I can honestly say, if it's not photomatched, I'm not buying it.
    Regards, Tony

sigpic

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Comment

• shafrancollectibles.com
      • Jun 2006

Originally posted by 3arod13

Think about this particular bat. Inscribed HR#639. That HR was a significant HR, being that it was his All Time Grand Slam HR. Do you think Arod realized that? No! Otherwise, he wouldn't have written HR #639. Bat was probably put in front of Arod; he was told what to inscribe it; and he did, because he trusts those around him.
      The problem, initially, with this bat was the "#639" - the HR he was referencing "vs. Detroit" was actually #638. Now it looks like it goes deeper than that.

Comment

• yanks12025
        • Jan 2006

Guys any chance the mlb hologram could be messed up and the bat actually maybe the one from homerun 639?

Comment

• yanks12025
          • Jan 2006

Originally posted by yanks12025
          Guys any chance the mlb hologram could be messed up and the bat actually maybe the one from homerun 639?
          Nevermind, the holograms around the one on this bat also date from June 3rd.

Comment

• 3arod13
            • Apr 2006

Here is a pic of the auction bat (left) and the Grand Slam Bat (right) Career #639. As you can see, both have a large ball mark above "Powerized" with the auction bat ball mark being a little right above "powerized" and the Grand Slam Bat being dead center over "powerized."

No question the auction bat could be #639.
            Attached Files
            Regards, Tony

sigpic

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Comment

• shafrancollectibles.com
              • Jun 2006

Those marks may be similar, but clearly not in the same spot.

Comment

• 3arod13
                • Apr 2006

Well, I guess it's pretty clear that the auction bat isn't from either the Career HR #638 or #639 games.

This whole situation frustates me. Especially considering with all the resources we have available to us today.

When I first joined this forum many years ago, this is what this forum was all about. To challenge and keep this hobby as safe as possible from this type of thing. There were many knowledgeable people in this forum, who knew their stuff; were hardcore researchers; and kept many people on their toes from tying to scam others. Unfortunately, many have left and that has changed somewhat.

In the end, Bill identified a problem; brought it to the forum; resulting in and ensuring some collector won't buy this erronious bat. Thanks for that Bill!

Wish you all the best!
                Regards, Tony

sigpic

Comment

• joelsabi
                  • Aug 2005

I think there is a level of complacency that goes along with items that are authenticated by MLB Authenticated. What we have discovered is that the process is not foolproof and that there can be chain of custody issue with game equipment that is collected after the game. If it is not confiscated when an item is authenticated it is possible to make errors. This example proves that a mistake is possible.

If the item is taken out of play, like a baseball or a cracked bat, it is more likely to have a good chain of custody than the other two scenarios below:

1) If a specific item such as a bat or a jersey is collected after the game for a specific achievement, it is possible that an error will occur and must be verified. Such items I would hold the Authenticator more responsible than the Player, as the Authenticator was “a witness” to the game use for a specific event.

2) If the item is Player Collected by MLB Authenticated, there is also an urgency to verify through photomatching. Such items, I would hold the Player entirely responsible.
                  Regards,
                  Joel S.
                  joelsabi @ gmail.com
                  Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Comment

• Bondsgloves
                    • Aug 2007

Just think how difficult it will be to photomatch Alex's 2012 playoff bats, there will be no ball marks on them at all.

Comment

• 3arod13
                      • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Bondsgloves
                      Just think how difficult it will be to photomatch Alex's 2012 playoff bats, there will be no ball marks on them at all.
                      Man! This thread was flowing so smoothly, until now. Guess there is a comedy everywhere. By the way, when will Barry Bonds be getting into the Hall of Fame?

On the serious side, it amazes me that someone with Arod's experience and years in the league, would have a problem with overthinking too much. He looks so awkward at the plate. Hope he breaks out of it soon!
                      Regards, Tony

sigpic

Comment

• Bondsgloves
                        • Aug 2007

It was a joke.. no hard feelings or il will intended.

Sure he will, he will be inducted with Arod.

I will meet up with you at the induction ceremony

Comment

• 3arod13
                          • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Bondsgloves
                          It was a joke.. no hard feelings or il will intended.

Sure he will, he will be inducted with Arod.

I will meet up with you at the induction ceremony
                          Didn't it that way...was kidding myself. I actually expected you to come back with, "the same time Arod does....NEVER!
                          Regards, Tony

sigpic

Comment

• 3arod13
                            • Apr 2006

Originally posted by 3arod13
                            Didn't it that way...was kidding myself. I actually expected you to come back with, "the same time Arod does....NEVER!
                            Sorry, meant "didn't take it that way."
                            Regards, Tony

sigpic

Comment

• metsbats
                              • Nov 2005

Just got an update from John Taube. After seeing these shots from the 6/3 Detroit game and comparisions with the auction bat he agrees that that the auction bat is not the homerun bat from that game.

Futhermore the fact that ARod mistakenly signed it as Hr 639 against Detroit when he hit no. 639 against Altanta on 6/12 adds additional conflict.

John indicated that he will pull the PSA letters from the auction bat and he will be meeting with the 13AlexRodriquez folks in a couple of weeks and will attempt to sort the bats out.

He will keep us posted on what happens.
                              metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Comment

• 3arod13
                                • Apr 2006

Originally posted by metsbats
                                Just got an update from John Taube. After seeing these shots from the 6/3 Detroit game and comparisions with the auction bat he agrees that that the auction bat is not the homerun bat from that game.

Futhermore the fact that ARod mistakenly signed it as Hr 639 against Detroit when he hit no. 639 against Altanta on 6/12 adds additional conflict.

John indicated that he will pull the PSA letters from the auction bat and will be meeting with the 13AlexRodriquez folks in a couple of weeks and will attempt to sort the bats out.

He will keep us posted on what happens.
                                Dave, great work!
                                Regards, Tony

sigpic

Comment

Working...