Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Alex Rodriguez Home Run Bat Error?

Ok, this is my last post on this bat. Here are three more shots I took. The two marks with the RED arrows are the most consistent identifiable marks that I see as arod swings the bat. I think this should help in matching the bat. I also found the other with many marks. Hope this helps.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Here are barrel shots from the auction bat.

I don't see the white spot.
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Two more pics from different angles than the previous ones I post. Without questions, the white spot is key to photomatching the bat.
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Here is what I believe happened. The bat in the auction is the bat that was to be used by arod to hit the HR. Viewing the game, the bat used to hit the HR has a bright white spot on it, where the bat in the auction doesn't.

So I decided to then check Arod's next two at bats (5th inning and 9th inning). As you can clearly see, he used the HR bat in both the 5th and 9th innings also. You can clearly see the bright white spot in the same area of the bat.

From my understanding, once the HR occurs, the bat is then immedately supposed to collected by MLB authenticators to ensure it's authenticity.

Well, if Arod used the same bat in the next two innings, I believe that wrong bat was given to MLB authenticators as the HR bat.

First picture is 3rd inning; Second is 5th inning; Third is 9th inning.

What do you think?
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I agree with you tony.

I would like to thank Bill (schubert1970) for starting this thread and saving someone from potentally spending a lot of money for a bad bat. Thanks!
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

In all three pics, you can also see the ball mark underneatch the bright white spot. So there's no question all three pics from different innings are the same bat.
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I wonder who's more at fault, A-rod or the person doing the mlb hologram?

Quote Originally Posted by yanks12025 View Post
    I wonder who's more at fault, A-rod or the person doing the mlb hologram?
    I'm glad you asked this question. I think all players should ensure what they are inscribing and signing, is what they should know for a fact it is. However, in my research and personal experience, it's the people around the player who should ensure these situations don't occur.

Think about this particular bat. Inscribed HR#639. That HR was a significant HR, being that it was his All Time Grand Slam HR. Do you think Arod realized that? No! Otherwise, he wouldn't have written HR #639. Bat was probably put in front of Arod; he was told what to inscribe it; and he did, because he trusts those around him.

Not making accuses for Arod. Just sick that people continously thinking Arod is the one who does this intentially. Believe me, when he found out about the Rawlings bat, he did all he could do to make it right.
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 3arod13 View Post
    I'm glad you asked this question. I think all players should ensure what they are inscribing and signing, is what they should know for a fact it is. However, in my research and personal experience, it's the people around the player who should ensure these situations don't occur.

Think about this particular bat. Inscribed HR#639. That HR was a significant HR, being that it was his All Time Grand Slam HR. Do you think Arod realized that? No! Otherwise, he wouldn't have written HR #639. Bat was probably put in front of Arod; he was told what to inscribe it; and he did, because he trusts those around him.

Not making accuses for Arod. Just sick that people continously thinking Arod is the one who does this intentially. Believe me, when he found out about the Rawlings bat, he did all he could do to make it right.
    I do agree with Tony and it works both ways.

Sometimes a player will just write whatever and some are very anal and will make sure themselves. I have had brought bats to players and told them its one of there game used and they responded with an "Oh Yeah? Let me check it out and I'll let you know if I used" some players are very particular. So when it comes to these players such as an AROD who is selling his game used stuff a lot of times they dont keep track of whats what and most likely they could care less too, they let there handlers do that and there handlers probably put stuff in front of him and tell him fo what occassion to sign for. Can you blame AROD sure you can, but lets all be realistic, he is human and he is busy and I am sure keeping track of a game used bat as opposed to closing on million dollar investment deals is not a high priority on his list. And I cant blame him, if it was me in the same position I would want to be able to offer my fans a piece of the game that came from my hands or back but at the same time I just dont have time for it and have bigger and better things to worry about.

This is just my opinion!!