Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Re: Alex Rodriguez Home Run Bat Error?

Quote Originally Posted by suave1477 View Post
    I do agree with Tony and it works both ways.

Sometimes a player will just write whatever and some are very anal and will make sure themselves. I have had brought bats to players and told them its one of there game used and they responded with an "Oh Yeah? Let me check it out and I'll let you know if I used" some players are very particular. So when it comes to these players such as an AROD who is selling his game used stuff a lot of times they dont keep track of whats what and most likely they could care less too, they let there handlers do that and there handlers probably put stuff in front of him and tell him fo what occassion to sign for. Can you blame AROD sure you can, but lets all be realistic, he is human and he is busy and I am sure keeping track of a game used bat as opposed to closing on million dollar investment deals is not a high priority on his list. And I cant blame him, if it was me in the same position I would want to be able to offer my fans a piece of the game that came from my hands or back but at the same time I just dont have time for it and have bigger and better things to worry about.

This is just my opinion!!
    After all I've been through, and what I've learned in all the dealings and research I've done over the past few years. I can honestly say, if it's not photomatched, I'm not buying it.
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Quote Originally Posted by 3arod13 View Post

Think about this particular bat. Inscribed HR#639. That HR was a significant HR, being that it was his All Time Grand Slam HR. Do you think Arod realized that? No! Otherwise, he wouldn't have written HR #639. Bat was probably put in front of Arod; he was told what to inscribe it; and he did, because he trusts those around him.
    The problem, initially, with this bat was the "#639" - the HR he was referencing "vs. Detroit" was actually #638. Now it looks like it goes deeper than that.

Guys any chance the mlb hologram could be messed up and the bat actually maybe the one from homerun 639?

Quote Originally Posted by yanks12025 View Post
    Guys any chance the mlb hologram could be messed up and the bat actually maybe the one from homerun 639?
    Nevermind, the holograms around the one on this bat also date from June 3rd.

Here is a pic of the auction bat (left) and the Grand Slam Bat (right) Career #639. As you can see, both have a large ball mark above "Powerized" with the auction bat ball mark being a little right above "powerized" and the Grand Slam Bat being dead center over "powerized."

No question the auction bat could be #639.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Those marks may be similar, but clearly not in the same spot.

Well, I guess it's pretty clear that the auction bat isn't from either the Career HR #638 or #639 games.

This whole situation frustates me. Especially considering with all the resources we have available to us today.

When I first joined this forum many years ago, this is what this forum was all about. To challenge and keep this hobby as safe as possible from this type of thing. There were many knowledgeable people in this forum, who knew their stuff; were hardcore researchers; and kept many people on their toes from tying to scam others. Unfortunately, many have left and that has changed somewhat.

In the end, Bill identified a problem; brought it to the forum; resulting in and ensuring some collector won't buy this erronious bat. Thanks for that Bill!

Wish you all the best!
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I think there is a level of complacency that goes along with items that are authenticated by MLB Authenticated. What we have discovered is that the process is not foolproof and that there can be chain of custody issue with game equipment that is collected after the game. If it is not confiscated when an item is authenticated it is possible to make errors. This example proves that a mistake is possible.

If the item is taken out of play, like a baseball or a cracked bat, it is more likely to have a good chain of custody than the other two scenarios below:

1) If a specific item such as a bat or a jersey is collected after the game for a specific achievement, it is possible that an error will occur and must be verified. Such items I would hold the Authenticator more responsible than the Player, as the Authenticator was “a witness” to the game use for a specific event.

2) If the item is Player Collected by MLB Authenticated, there is also an urgency to verify through photomatching. Such items, I would hold the Player entirely responsible.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Just think how difficult it will be to photomatch Alex's 2012 playoff bats, there will be no ball marks on them at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Bondsgloves View Post
    Just think how difficult it will be to photomatch Alex's 2012 playoff bats, there will be no ball marks on them at all.
    Man! This thread was flowing so smoothly, until now. Guess there is a comedy everywhere. By the way, when will Barry Bonds be getting into the Hall of Fame?

On the serious side, it amazes me that someone with Arod's experience and years in the league, would have a problem with overthinking too much. He looks so awkward at the plate. Hope he breaks out of it soon!
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]