X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • joelsabi
    • Aug 2005

Re: Alex Rodriguez Home Run Bat Error?

Originally posted by metsbats
    Just got an update from John Taube. After seeing these shots from the 6/3 Detroit game and comparisions with the auction bat he agrees that that the auction bat is not the homerun bat from that game.

Futhermore the fact that ARod mistakenly signed it as Hr 639 against Detroit when he hit no. 639 against Altanta on 6/12 adds additional conflict.

John indicated that he will pull the PSA letters from the auction bat and will be meeting with the 13AlexRodriquez folks in a couple of weeks and will attempt to sort the bats out.

He will keep us posted on what happens.

Good news.

Just wondering whether John authenticated a collection of Arod baseball bats when he authenticated the questioned bat. I am asking whether John has authenticated the GS bat also and if yes, what was the inscription.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Comment

• metsbats
      • Nov 2005

Originally posted by 3arod13
      Dave, great work!

You did all the great work Tony!
      metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Comment

• 3arod13
        • Apr 2006

You did all the great work Tony!
        Actually, thanks to Bill for bringing it to this forum. Unfortunate things went south for him.
        Regards, Tony

sigpic

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Comment

• suave1477
          Banned
          • Jan 2006

Didn't it that way...was kidding myself. I actually expected you to come back with, "the same time Arod does....NEVER!
          You are both wrong!! Bonds and AROD will go into the Hall of Fame.................................. When they buy tickets lol lol

Comment

• 3arod13
            • Apr 2006

Just got an update from John Taube. After seeing these shots from the 6/3 Detroit game and comparisions with the auction bat he agrees that that the auction bat is not the homerun bat from that game.

Futhermore the fact that ARod mistakenly signed it as Hr 639 against Detroit when he hit no. 639 against Altanta on 6/12 adds additional conflict.

John indicated that he will pull the PSA letters from the auction bat and he will be meeting with the 13AlexRodriquez folks in a couple of weeks and will attempt to sort the bats out.

He will keep us posted on what happens.
            Any update on this? I'm curious to know what happened/will happen to the bat. Meaning inscription removed, replaced with game used, then resold?

One of the argeements I made with the Rawlings bat was, if it was to be sold, the entire story and history had to be told. I don't want the bat to renter the hobby, with new LOA's attached to it, and it's history not told. It's important to me that the entire story is told, if resold. I don't want someone to buy it, to only find out after the fact it's history. All was agreed.
            Regards, Tony

sigpic

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Comment

• MLB~NUT
              • Feb 2011

Man! This thread was flowing so smoothly, until now. Guess there is a comedy everywhere. By the way, when will Barry Bonds be getting into the Hall of Fame?

On the serious side, it amazes me that someone with Arod's experience and years in the league, would have a problem with overthinking too much. He looks so awkward at the plate. Hope he breaks out of it soon!
              Sorry couldn't resist, but when will either Bonds or Arod get in the Hall?

Comment

Working...