Quote Originally Posted by schubert1970 View Post
If you knew this a week ago, why not tell us or did I miss your post?
Also, why is the bat still listed on ebay woth the incorrect information? Seems odd to not even take it down or change the description.
I contacted the concerned party. IMO, the errant inscription was a honest mistake. The bat was pulled last Wednesday.

From your posted link, it was surprisingly relisted. The bat was pulled this morning.

As we all know, the inscription on a bat does not assist in the authenticity of the bat. The bat was authenticated by MLB to be a home run bat against Verlander. Unfortunately, the incorrect career hr # was inscribed onto the bat. However, the errant inscription doesn’t change the fact that it is an actual home run bat.

Now because of this honest mistake that could be corrected, I have to read that this mistake is part of what is wrong with the hobby and that the buyer of this bat got screwed even though this bat has not been sold to anyone. This is exactly the kind of hyperbole that I was trying to avoid before giving the seller a chance to make a correction for a honest mistake. I hope this explains why I did not post it here first.

I do not see anything more that I can add to this thread that is constructive until the inscription is fixed.