Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anyone have Earl Weaver game Used items

I don't have anything, but would love to see what others have.

Re: Anyone have Earl Weaver game Used items

I have a few other things that I'll post later, but here is an original letter from fellow HOFer Lee MacPhail to Weaver about a fine:

Quote Originally Posted by ironmanfan View Post
    I have a few other things that I'll post later, but here is an original letter from fellow HOFer Lee MacPhail to Weaver about a fine:
    That's really interesting. I'm wondering if we would see the same detail today, as was gone into in this particular letter.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Here are a couple of unique Weaver pieces from my collection that I thought I would share. One is a game worn warm up (complete with interior cigarette pack pocket) from Earl's return to Baltimore in 1985:

This is a picture of Earl from that season where I suspect he is wearing that actual warmup:

One of the cooler things in my collection are his actual Scouting Reports for every A.L. player from his last season in 1986 on 4x6 index cards in his handwriting (some are even adorned with tobacco stained thumb prints) housed in a metal box that I had him sign a few years back:

RIP Earl

Quote Originally Posted by ironmanfan View Post
    Here are a couple of unique Weaver pieces from my collection that I thought I would share. One is a game worn warm up (complete with interior cigarette pack pocket) from Earl's return to Baltimore in 1985:

This is a picture of Earl from that season where I suspect he is wearing that actual warmup:

One of the cooler things in my collection are his actual Scouting Reports for every A.L. player from his last season in 1986 on 4x6 index cards in his handwriting (some are even adorned with tobacco stained thumb prints) housed in a metal box that I had him sign a few years back:

RIP Earl
    Aww cmon, gotta show a pic of the cigerette pocket!!!!

Banned

That file box is amazing - The detail and records Earl was famous for keeping notes before modern computers is just too cool. That must be fun reading going through that box.

That box of player notes is such a cool item. I'm with MLB~NUT, gotta see the cigarette pocket now!

Quote Originally Posted by JDubbs73 View Post
    That box of player notes is such a cool item. I'm with MLB~NUT, gotta see the cigarette pocket now!
    Here is a picture of the cigarette pocket:

As an aside, a forum member contacted me and noted a loose thread on the left side of the capital "O" of Orioles in the picture of Weaver wearing the warmup and asked me to see if I could detect the same loose thread on mine..Photomatch perhaps?

Bill, great stuff as always! Your collection never ceases to amaze me, the Weaver note cards are simply amazing!

If you ever have the time I would love to see pieces of your Eddie Murray and Ken Singleton collections.

Abe

I found this picture on line of Weaver & Billy Martin @ Memorial Stadium and not only does it again show the loose thread on the left hand side of the "O," but also shows the loose thread from the top of the "O" as well.....I'm convinced at this point, it's a photomatch: