Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

GU Dirt from Miggy's TC

Really?

This is the future of MLB's GU program?

GU Dirt from Miggy's TC

Re: GU Dirt from Miggy's TC

Prouldy brought to you by the Tigers...who will sell pens, dirt, or anything else that can to capitalize on the TC feat.

I'm personally just amazed at the asking price for some of his stuff. $12,500 for a modern game used jersey. I know it's from his triple crown season, but that premium is insane.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MIGUEL-CABRE...n-Used-Mothers Day-Jersey-Detroit-Tigers-un-auto-/110960999471?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19d5ca 7c2f

On the same note a Yaz 1967 triple crown season just sold for $11k. I'd think a vintage flannel of someone already in the HOF should be worth more, then a readily available jersey of a current superstar?

http://catalog.scpauctions.com/LotDe...px?lotid=10044

Around 9-15 I posted a summary of more than 100 MLB-authenticated items from the perfect game of 8-15-12. The authenticated items included around 9 samples of game-used dirt. The idea isn't new. Years ago the Orioles sold game-used infield dirt from their last game at their old stadium. I think the price was $9 for a bag. If somebody wants it, why not make it available?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by xpress34 View Post
    Really?

This is the future of MLB's GU program?

GU Dirt from Miggy's TC

Are you seriously suprised??? Is this the future??? Ummmm side note they been doing this for a long time.

Steiner has been selling game used dirt, grass, bricks from the old Yankee Stadium for a couple of years now - all MLB Authenticated

Did you honestly think MLB wasn't going to try to cash in on Miggys TC?

I thik I read that when the Washington Senators (second edition) played their last game in 1971 before moving to Texas, fans stormed the field and scooped up game-used dirt among other relics. The game had to be forfeited.

Quote Originally Posted by coxfan View Post
    Around 9-15 I posted a summary of more than 100 MLB-authenticated items from the perfect game of 8-15-12. The authenticated items included around 9 samples of game-used dirt. The idea isn't new. Years ago the Orioles sold game-used infield dirt from their last game at their old stadium. I think the price was $9 for a bag. If somebody wants it, why not make it available?
    +1
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408