Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Strangest Auction Item?

I saw this item being auctioned off at the Frozen Pond web site and they mostly deal with Hockey Memorabilia. I guess there is a market for everything?

http://frozenpond.at.truition.com/cg...unbr=195876123

I was just curious what everyone thought of this and what is the strangest item you ever seen being auctioned

Re: Strangest Auction Item?

I don't think this is what you were looking for when you posted but this one is strange for sure! Bobby Jones ghost in a jar....although the auction was pulled by ebay...

http://blogs.golf.com/presstent/2012...e-on-ebay.html#

Peace,

John

Banned

Wink Re: Strangest Auction Item?

If you were an eBayer about 10 years ago, it's hard to forget the wad of chewing gum Luis Gonzalez spit out before a spring training at bat that was collected by a private party and used for charity fundraising.

Dave Miedema

If I recall correctly, there was some problem with authenticating that original piece of gum, so that the piece that was eventually auctioned for charity was a second piece that Gonzo chewed (in front of witnesses) especially for that purpose. I don't know whether that "game-used" gum was ever actually sold, but I got an email from the owner after I won the auction for this, wondering who I was:

It's a poster-sized piece of original art, made and auctioned for charity by Topps/Bazooka and signed by Gonzo, and was later featured in a Sports Illlustrated article on "strange sports memorabilia".

I think the strangest sports-related item I've ever purchased at auction is probably my Kelly Stinnett Diamondbacks shower wrap. Number two would be R.J. Reynolds' high school letter jacket. Certainly nothing to compete with a toilet.

well this auction finally did it!!

All the assorted crap I have accumulated over the years. the hundreds of bats hanging in the hallway the dozens and dozens leaning on the wall in the bedroom the hundred or so jerseys in my closet and dozens of cleats and gloves in my "man loft" and this finally crossed the line!

After I showed this to my wife I was told (not politely I may add) that if was even slightly considering bidding on this item I will have crossed a boundary and she'd move out

Well, I can understand that, Mike. I mean, a toilet from a hockey stadium?

But if they tore down or renovated the locker room at Chase Field, or even Phoenix Muni or Scottsdale Stadium, and there was a toilet on the block, are you going to tell me you wouldn't try to figure out a way to sneak that bad boy into the house?

Talking Re: Strangest Auction Item?

I have been told that Toilets crosses a boundary, on a side note and a tad bit of TMI I have utilized the bathroom in the home clubhouse at Phoenix Muni so I'll just have to keep that memory instead

i think we can all agree that this is one game used item we won't be photomatching