X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xpress34
    • Sep 2008

Re: Fraudulent Houston Astros COA

Originally posted by EurekaDave
    I'm not apologizing for Chris Boyd. But he has posted that he screwed up and that he would not buy from himself. That kind of mea culpa is rare these days. so--buy or not from Chris. I just think that all that needs to be said has been said. Just my thought.

Dave Silverbrand
    Dave -

Not trying to start anything, but IMHO, your statement is naive.

JO sports and the the others that got indicted admitted their guilt - should that be the end of it with them as well?

What Mr Boyd did is no better than what any of those gentlemen are accused of doing.

Fraud is Fraud and if you'll do it once, you'll do it again.

Just my Humble Opinion.

- Smitty

Comment

• BaseballGM
      Banned
      • Jan 2006

My concern is the newbie, someone who has no knowledge of past behavior. Nothing else to add to this discussion.

Comment

• tella27
        • Jul 2011

Originally posted by xpress34
        Dave -

Not trying to start anything, but IMHO, your statement is naive.

JO sports and the the others that got indicted admitted their guilt - should that be the end of it with them as well?

What Mr Boyd did is no better than what any of those gentlemen are accused of doing.

Fraud is Fraud and if you'll do it once, you'll do it again.

Just my Humble Opinion.

- Smitty
        He has being doing it over and over again!! I emailed the Mods about him asking why this continues to be allowed to happen with this member but haven't heard anything back.. Boyd is going to just wait this out until all this blows over and then he'll post another thread of his "Genuine Game Used Jerseys" and rip someone else off.... Chris Boyd is nothing but a POS FRAUD...

If people are truly interested in keeping this forum honest they need to contact the Mods and demand he's kicked off.

Comment

• kellsox
          • Jan 2006

What should not be overlooked is that the items that have been addressed in this post and others involving Boyd are only the ones in which he has been "caught". Who knows how many other pieces are unknowingly sitting in people's collections?????

As far as the mods doing something ...the forum doesn't seem to have been moderated in some time- as the site seems to just be withering way on the vine
          K

Comment

• tella27
            • Jul 2011

Don't let this thread die - its pretty much what is keeping Boyd from bumping his for sale threads. He is just waiting for this to die down some and once it does he'll be out ripping people off again.

The guy is nothing but a fraud.

Comment

• MSpecht
              • Oct 2005

If you check under the user name on post # 37 you will see that Boyd was banned several days ago from further participation on GUU. The need to make valuable game-used memorabilia information available to newer members as well as cautionary information such as this underlines the huge value of the search function on the forum menu / toolbar.

Mike jackitout7@aol.com

Comment

• rufusandherschel
                • Mar 2011

Originally posted by MSpecht
                If you check under the user name on post # 37 you will see that Boyd was banned several days ago from further participation on GUU. The need to make valuable game-used memorabilia information available to newer members as well as cautionary information such as this underlines the huge value of the search function on the forum menu / toolbar.

Mike jackitout7@aol.com
                Mike: How did that get "slipped-in" ?

Comment

• MSpecht
                  • Oct 2005

Actually, there was no "getting slipped in" about it. After a review of this thread, previous threads, and some 'contact the moderators' emails, the moderators, with the concurrance of Chris Cavalier, determined several days ago that a ban of this member was the appropriate action to take. When that was done, the affected member's status was automatically changed (technology) on all of his/her previous posts to reflect the current status (in this case, "Banned.")

Again, in addition, I can't stress enough the value of the GUU search function to immediately find years of information about whatever topic that may be of interest to you.

Mike Jackitout7@aol.com

Comment

• tigerdale
                    • Dec 2007

Mike Acosta was so disappointed that one ofhis Astros letters was falsified that he replaced the jersey and letter that I purchased from Boyd and gave me a heavilyworn 2002 Roy Oswalt jersey with a COA. How awesome is that! Acosta also kept thefraudulent Astros COA as he said he wants to turn it in to MLB for review.

Wow, what a GREAT move on the part of Mike Acosta!! What a class act!!
                    always looking for Detroit Tiger world series player bats......game used 2006 & 2012 world series items....Quintin Berry bats....also interested in Ivan Rodriguez bats...
                    Thank you, Dale
                    tigers1984@comcast.net

Comment

• BamaHater
                      • Jan 2009

Mike is a class act. Nothing but praise for what Mike has done for Astros collectors.

Comment

• MSpecht
                        • Oct 2005

Roll Tide !!!!!!

Comment

Working...