I recently purchased a 2007/2008 GU Roy Oswalt Home Jerseywith an Astros COA from forum member eGameused/ Chris Boyd described with“heavy wear”. Later to find out thejersey was issued and the COA was a fraudulentcopy. Heres the story on my very first GU Astros purchase….

It all started when I emailed Boyd about the Oswalt jerseyshe posted for sale on the forum for $250 each. In the email he said he also had an Oswaltthat was not posted on the forum with an Astros COA for $350. I chose the one with the COA and made plans tomeet.

On 9/27 I took my wife to dinner and then met with Boydaround 9PM to pick up the Oswalt jersey. We met in a mall parking lot next to the place we ate at. During theexchange, it was dark, jersey was nice and coded 0062, Boyd seemed nice, sothanks and goodbye. I got home late that night so I just set the jersey asidesince I had to work in the morning. Whos gonna screw you over $350 bucks,right? Wrong! Later on, when I closely inspected the jersey it looked issuedand the COA was a printed copy. I became worried and emailed Boyd about myconcerns 10/1. I also contacted Mike Acosta, the Astros Authentication Manager,to ask what an Astros COA looks like. Boyd responded to a few emails and then textmessaged me that he may have gotten theOswalt jersey mixed up with another and would exchange it for a differentOswalt jersey and a choice from his list of early 90s Astros jerseys. When Iresponded back via text messegeinquiring about my choices on the early 90s jerseys on 10/2, Igot no response. A few days later Mike Acosta got back with me and we set up ameeting for Thursday 10/11 since he wanted to see the COA in person.
Now the meeting with Mike Acosta. I showed Mike Acosta theletter and he immediatelty said that theCOA was a copy and never written or signed by himself. Also, the jersey was morethan likely issued and never worn. Acosta also stated that there are certainthings he puts in a jersey COA description and that he personally types and signseach Astros COA in ink. NO COPIES. Mike Acosta was so disappointed that one ofhis Astros letters was falsified that he replaced the jersey and letter that I purchased from Boyd and gave me a heavilyworn 2002 Roy Oswalt jersey with a COA. How awesome is that! Acosta also kept thefraudulent Astros COA as he said he wants to turn it in to MLB for review.

Anyway, I just wantedto post this and warn members about fraudulent Houston Astros COAs. This was myfirst Astros gamer and I’ll take it as a lesson learned. This hobby is supposedto be fun and I hope someone can learn from my mistake of not doing my homeworkon sellers or COAs. I would have neverthought a forum member would burn me but oh well. Thank you to the forummembers that helped me with Astros information. If you think your Astros COA isquestionable you may want to contact Mike Acosta, he’s a great guy btw.
So thank you for not responding back when I asked what myoptions were on the swap for this jersey. You never responded to my last textand now Mike Acosta Houston Astros Authentication Manager has the issued Oswaltand fraudulent/ fake whatever you want to call it, Astros team letter. I do notknow where or how you got the Oswalt COA you sold me but I would assume thatsomeone that has been collecting/selling as long as you have, that you would know what you are doing.

ASTROS TEAM LETTERS ARE NOT COPIES. EACH COA SHOULD BESIGNED BY MIKE ACOSTA IN INK. BEWARE.