Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Possible 1986 Gooden Jersey

Don't worry, you will most likely see this jersey being offered by one of the major auction houses very soon. The original owner is the big loser for not doing their homework and whoever flips this is going to make a very nice profit.

Quote Originally Posted by suave1477 View Post
    I was thinking that too but then that brings up the next question. With such a potentially such a valuable jersey why wouldnt you take it to a more recognized auction place? I mean its not that hard to find one. Ebay at the very least would of brought in more money. Grey Flannel, Lelands, Huggins & Scott, etc.....

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey2007 View Post
    Don't worry, you will most likely see this jersey being offered by one of the major auction houses very soon. The original owner is the big loser for not doing their homework and whoever flips this is going to make a very nice profit.
    I don't think it's right to call the seller a loser. The auction seems to normally just sell coins, so maybe a local collector passed away and the family just send the stuff to local. Plus it wasn't being sold as game used, they also had a Jose C jersey from his rookie year that sold for $300 but it was clearly a replica.

This is the first time game used jerseys have shown up on this site. Most of the time the baseball stuff is either cards or fake autos.

I knew I should have bid, I would have won it. Also for all we know the buyer thinks its just a signed jersey.

Banned

Cool Re: Possible 1986 Gooden Jersey

Agreed.

Dave Miedema

Quote Originally Posted by yanks12025 View Post
    I don't think it's right to call the seller a loser.
    I think the context of that statement was that the original seller did not receive the amount of money they could have, had they listed the jersey with a more appropriate auction venue.... They "lost" out on some cash.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Anthony Nunez
    Historian, USFL Houston Gamblers
    www.Houston-Gamblers.com

Yeah, I didn't mean it as an attack on the persons character. Just like Commando mentioned they lost out on money they could have made offering it through a more appropriate auction house.

I don't think it's right to call the seller a loser. The auction seems to normally just sell coins, so maybe a local collector passed away and the family just send the stuff to local. Plus it wasn't being sold as game used, they also had a Jose C jersey from his rookie year that sold for $300 but it was clearly a replica.

This is the first time game used jerseys have shown up on this site. Most of the time the baseball stuff is either cards or fake autos.

I knew I should have bid, I would have won it. Also for all we know the buyer thinks its just a signed jersey.

This jersey just sold on proxibid
    An update on the Gooden jersey...

So that everyone can rest easy, this jersey did not sell for $340.00. I contacted the auction company afterwards, and was informed that the jersey failed to meet a hidden reserve.

Upon hearing that the jersey did not sell, I made a generous offer on the jersey, and the owner accepted.
    Looking for ...
    Any Game Used Mets jerseys from 1986 and 1987
    Any Keith Hernandez, Ron Darling, Lee Mazzilli and John Olerud Mets items
    Email me at TNT_Toys@yahoo.com

Don't worry, you will most likely see this jersey being offered by one of the major auction houses very soon.
    I am happy to say you will not be seeing this jersey on the auction block anytime soon
    Looking for ...
    Any Game Used Mets jerseys from 1986 and 1987
    Any Keith Hernandez, Ron Darling, Lee Mazzilli and John Olerud Mets items
    Email me at TNT_Toys@yahoo.com

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TNTtoys View Post
    I am happy to say you will not be seeing this jersey on the auction block anytime soon

Scandoulus....................... tsk tsk

Very shrewed move there monsiuer TNT, but smart lol

Nice! Glad to see the jersey is in the hands of a true Mets fan!

Quote Originally Posted by TNTtoys View Post

Good for you Nick!