Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Same item?- Heritage and Goldin Auctions.

Interesting thing I saw today... Heritage and Goldin Auctions are both currently auctioning the line-up card from Bryce Harper's first MLB start. I'd say Goldin auctions has the official one as it's MLB certified and clearly used for game purposes. I wonder what the one in Heritage was used for? Maybe an extra? Just thought potential buyers would want to know. Does anyone else have a thought on why there is more than one floating around? Both are pretty sweet, hopefully one will stay within my budget!?

goldin auctions- clearly used in the dugout and has MLB holo

http://www.goldinauctions.com/lotdetail.aspx?lotid=575

Heritage- not marked up and no MLB holo. Could this have been an extra for Harper or the other team? Maybe a spare? I dunno how that works.

http://sports.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleNo=7065&lotNo=81444

Banned

Re: Same item?- Heritage and Goldin Auctions.

Wow very odd.

Well you can see one was clearly used and the other was just probably made up as a back up for some reason hence (Game Issued) but not actually used.

Who knows. Maybe they made up two in case they lost one. Maybe the manager lost one once before the start of the game.

Also, perhaps one is a sort of commemorative one, made up as a memento for the important game.

Just as a quick judgment, I'd go with the grouping as more likely to be the genuine ones-- in major part because it's the whole grouping not just the one.

Super Moderator

No doubt, I think the MLB holo pretty much tells the story. The one in Heritage must be more commemorative for players or coaches. I just hope anyone bidding in Heritage knows the goldin auctions one is out there.

You really think players other than Harper would want a line up card from his first game? I dont. Why would they? There is only one line up card in each dugout each game. Heritage??????

Doesn't each manager fill out two of these cards...one for themselves and one for opposing manager? This is what they mean by "exchange of lineups". I have a set from one game in 2010 that was Dusty Bakers with Reds lineup filled out and signed by him and Giants by Bruce Bochy.

Quote Originally Posted by rchimes13@yahoo.com View Post
    Doesn't each manager fill out two of these cards...one for themselves and one for opposing manager? This is what they mean by "exchange of lineups". I have a set from one game in 2010 that was Dusty Bakers with Reds lineup filled out and signed by him and Giants by Bruce Bochy.
    they also fill out one for the Official Scorer

and they also fill out one for the umpire....
    always looking for Detroit Tiger world series player bats......game used 2006 & 2012 world series items....Quintin Berry bats....also interested in Ivan Rodriguez bats...
    Thank you, Dale
    tigers1984@comcast.net