Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Hunter Pence hits a ball 3 times in 1 swing!

I still don't get the big deal about the bat? Yes it hit the ball three times but if we went through more at-bats throughout the season I bet we could find it happen again.

Quote Originally Posted by yanks12025 View Post
    I still don't get the big deal about the bat? Yes it hit the ball three times but if we went through more at-bats throughout the season I bet we could find it happen again.
    It wouldn't have been a big deal until they made it the "magic bat" showing the replay dozens of times. It reminds me of the cracked Piazza bat where Clemens threw the barrel and that became an infamous bat.
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Quote Originally Posted by allstarsplus View Post
    The story how the 10 potential buyers all put their name in a hat and 15 did the same for the ball and the same guy got picked for both is very cool.
    didnt read that part of the story until now. $150 for the baseball as well.

that is amazing that there was such a demand for the bat and baseball after the game. the store must really have their act together and 15-24 fans anticipating its sale shows how good a program they have at their stadium.

still dont understand its significance but understand the coolness factor of both items.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Quote Originally Posted by joelsabi View Post
    still don't understand its significance but understand the coolness factor of both items.
    +1
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

I've only seen the replay on this thread so maybe I'm not seeing the best video. But I don't see indisputable evidence that the bat hit the ball a third time.

Quote Originally Posted by genius View Post
    I've only seen the replay on this thread so maybe I'm not seeing the best video. But I don't see indisputable evidence that the bat hit the ball a third time.
    To me it looks like 3 hits because after the second hit, if you pay attention to the seams of the baseball, it looks like they start spinning faster once the end of the barrel follows through