Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 12 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Re: Patriots now selling GU stuff on line.

Is new store open? Is it in the team shop, where area is has it's own separate area. Like Red Sox have at team shop at Fenway/Yawkey store. Where game used are has it's own little area in big store. Or is shop some where else in mall area at Patriots place. I want to go check it out.

Hi Jim,

Was wondering if the ProShop has had any thoughts about dropping the price on some of the team issued / game used items left in the store? Or maybe moving them into some type of auction format?

Some of this stuff has been up for awhile and is not moving - which (IMHO) is an indication that perhaps the price point is out of whack. Just a thought.

I ask because I have my eye on a couple of pieces, but given the price that some jerseys are selling for on the secondary market, I can't justify nearly $800 for a team-issued jersey.

Just curious!

Banned

I tried to score the Ryan Mallet international on NFL auctions this year. And I couldn't believe it sold for over 1500$ so you would be surprised how much some could fetch if they went to an auction format.

Quote Originally Posted by Anabolicollege17 View Post
    I tried to score the Ryan Mallet international on NFL auctions this year. And I couldn't believe it sold for over 1500$ so you would be surprised how much some could fetch if they went to an auction format.
    On the flip-side of that, I got the 2012 Mayo International for less than the Mallet!!

My thought is, if they're not selling at the retail price, there may be a better method to move them. Or have a sale. Something different... instead of letting them sit stagnant

Yes, we have been thinking about developing our our auction site, as well as considering partnering up with someone to help get more of the jerseys we have into the market place. I really like the idea of letting the market determine the value much better than trying to figure out what the list price should be.

- Jim

Banned

If your hiring please send some applications this way if you need help marketing, and auctioning

Great idea to auction. You will earn good money, and at the same time they will move from inventory so you can get more items coming in to keep pushing out to us collectors who have dreams of some pieces hitting the market. I was very happy with the 2012 international game between the Rams and Pats jersey release on NFL auctions last year. So many beautiful rare pieces.

Very nice pick up on the Mayo too. Yeah I wanted that Mallet so bad. Love the Pat whites. I couldn't believe the Mallet sold for that high. I put in a bid of 1,000$ and was leading for a few hours than boom jumped to 1500

I have a game worn Mallett Michigan jersey still with the NOB (which is very tough to find on UM jerseys) with an LOA from the school if anyone is interested....njvette1@aol.com.

Quote Originally Posted by indyred View Post
    Is new store open? Is it in the team shop, where area is has it's own separate area. Like Red Sox have at team shop at Fenway/Yawkey store. Where game used are has it's own little area in big store. Or is shop some where else in mall area at Patriots place. I want to go check it out.
    Yes, the new store Patriots ProShop Collection is open. It is located in the "spine" of Patriot Place, near Victoria Secret, Kidsville, etc. The jerseys I listed are all available at that location.

Jim

Did stop into the new store today at Patriot Place. So it is just that one little display encased area with gamers.
    Was cool seeing a alternate silver one. The 04 Pass looked like it had some nice use and Seymour. The COA look well done that was on display.

No doubt Pats could make nice money getting inot more marketing game used stuff. Would be cool if MeiGray got involved with them.

Bump - any updates on offering up new inventory?