Patriots now selling GU stuff on line.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kellsox
    • Jan 2006

Re: Patriots now selling GU stuff on line.

Broke down and picked up the 1995 Troy brown

Comment

• Mulligans
      • Dec 2009

Kelly....How was the wear on the Brown? I was thinking hard about that one!

I was able to photomatch all of mine....not bad seeing 2 of them were only game issued. Just picked up NFL Rewind.....God's gift to Collecting!

Comment

• beaglegypsy003
        • Mar 2010

I knew my Adrian Klemm 2001 home jersey would be team issued ancestors he was on the active roster for one home and one road but didn't see action in either one. Still I was happy to pay $350 for the jersey. I've been looking for one of his jerseys for years. Still looking for other University of Hawaii alumni players.

Comment

• kellsox
          • Jan 2006

Brown has not arrived yet. He played in all 16 games that year so I'm hoping it shows some wear.

Comment

• Mattapan03
            • Mar 2010

Originally posted by kellsox
            Brown has not arrived yet. He played in all 16 games that year so I'm hoping it shows some wear.
            Well he would have worn white in 1/2 the games so Im guessing the blue would show some wear

Comment

• MichaelofSF
              • Apr 2007

Hello guys,
              just wanted to let you all know that the 1995 Brown is as the description states, issued, not worn. How do I know this? I saw the jersey and it shows no wear. Besides some bleeding in a size "48" written on the front tag it is unused. The numbering and flying elvis logos are crisp as is the internal laundry tag. There is a very faint dirtying of the front 0 but not necessarily from game use. Also the internal custom crafted stamp looks to have no wear as well. The stripes on the jersey compare close to a shot of Brown in 1995 but the mesh holes do not match up exactly as they are just slightly not the same. I know that in 1995 Troy Brown wasn't a huge part of the offense, but he still returned kicks, played special teams and made some catches so his jerseys should show use.

In my experience with 1990s Patriots game used jerseys from that Starter era, actual used jerseys do show peeling of that inner team stamp. Unless your name was Drew Bledsoe you probably were not issued a new jersey for every game and the jerseys from that era should show pretty good use.

Nevertheless it is a nice jersey from a Pats Hall of Famer!
              Attached Files

Comment

• legaleagle92481
                Banned
                • Oct 2009

Do they have a return policy for game issued items? The site is unclear. My fear would be buying an item labeled game issued hoping it showed wear but then discovering it was never worn. There are a few on there including the Light and Seymour that I would consider but don't want to be stuck with jersey with no wear.

Comment

• yanks12025
                  • Jan 2006

Legal,
                  I don't think you would be able to return something because it didn't have any use after it was sold as game issued and not game used.

Comment

• kellsox
                    • Jan 2006

Mike.
                    Thanks for the post. Not sure what ill do with it. Was planning on getting it signed and displaying it. Was hoping it had at least some use. Am I correct to assume you bought it and returned it? If so, how we're they with taking it back?
                    K
                    Kelspeck@gmail.com

Comment

• beaglegypsy003
                      • Mar 2010

Just got an email from the Patriots Pro Shop for 12% off today only.

Comment

• paul457
                        • Dec 2012

Bump.

I bought the Seymour white rookie Adidas jersey - definitely an issued jersey, and not game worn. Still a cool piece, but I probably paid too much for it. Also bought the Mankins GU AFL jersey from legaleagle92481 - anxious for that to arrive.

I'm wondering how many of these GU bits are sitting in a storage closet at Gillette. Hard to believe this is everything they have for sale - it's a very random collection spanning 20 years. If they're not making their way into the hobby... they have to be sitting somewhere...

Has anyone seen any of the bigger names for sale? Brady, Gronk, Welker, Moss, Wilfork, etc? I'm sure the best stuff will go to employees / friends / scalpers first.
                        WTB -
                        Rob Gronkowski GU / GI jerseys
                        Patriots GU / GI red throwback or silver jerseys
                        Jose Canseco A's GU jersey

Comment

• jeffaary
                          • Jan 2009

That depends on what you consider to be the best stuff. There was a Bledsoe. While most Pats collectors would consider that desirable, I don't. I have my own niche that I collect that most Pats collectors wouldn't care about, and to my enjoyment the Pats have done a nice job of listing my interests.

My guess is there will be more items that would appeal to higher end Pats collectors.

Comment

• PatriotsProShop
                            • Nov 2012

Hi Guys,

I work for the Patriots ProShop and have been following this thread for some time now. Just got my membership approved so wanted to introduce myself and make myself available to answer any questions you may have about our Game Worn & Team Issued gear.

The items we have came directly from the care of our long time Patriots equipment manager, who unfortunately recently passed away. They are directly from locker-room storage, and I helped remove them myself. We have learned a lot about the world of Game Worn products over the last few months and have tried to adjust our merchandising to better meet the needs of our potential customers. We still have a lot to learn, but hope that we are heading in the right direction.

Happy to answer any questions you might have about our products, and hope to learn more from all of you about this exciting hobby!

Jim Scollins
                            Director, Ecommerce
                            New England Patriots

Comment

• ousooner_85
                              • Aug 2012

Thanks and Welcome aboard Jim.......Look forward to seeing what items you uncover and make available for purchase.

Comment

• perlman9
                                • Dec 2007

Thanks for introducing yourself, Jim! I am a Michigan State alumni collector and the Pats have had several Spartans, so am on the search for those guys if you have other jerseys not listed through the site.
                                Jason Perlman
                                jperlman@ohaflcio.org

Comment

Working...