Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 9 of 40 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Re: Patriots now selling GU stuff on line.

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotsProShop View Post
    Interesting conversation. One thing I learned while lurking (waiting for my logon to be set up) is how very passionate the members of this forum are about your collecting. As a longtime Boston/New England sports fan myself, I totally understand that dedication and passion. It’s what makes all of this so special. Thank you all for welcoming me so warmly me into your community.

legaleagle92481 - I totally agree that once a buyer purchases from us it is their right to do whatever they want with it. That doesn’t mean we have to like it ;-) I guess I thought that people on this forum would be more against the buying and selling for further profit than they are. I didn’t expect to see members here in favor of it, and actively doing it. It’s a free market, and as someone who sells merchandise for a living, I can’t blame anyone else for trying to make a buck.

Dplettn – thank you for sharing your thoughts as well. I promise you that we do appreciate the other benefits to making these items available, past just driving revenue for the ProShop.

paul457 – I appreciate your comments about things being fair. FWIW, most jerseys have been up for days or weeks before being sold. Very few have sold in less than 3 days of being made available. We will definitely give the issue some thought.

My purpose for joining this forum was to learn more about all of this, and potentially to provide some information (I have already learned more than I will ever be able to give back). That said, I am a person, and therefore have opinions - maybe I should create another login as a civilian to share thoughts like “It’s shame…” . I do own memorabilia of my own. Sometimes it’s difficult to work inside this stadium and remembering to turn off the fan inside of me.

Thanks again for allowing me to be here, and participate .

Jim
    I'm glad Brent forwarded this site to you. I think it's great you are paying attention to the GUU forum. Equally glad the Pat's are selling items. Is there any plan to sell more than jerseys like helmets, pants, cleats, etc..? (I know there is one helmet on the site)

Quote Originally Posted by NEFAN View Post
    I'm glad Brent forwarded this site to you. I think it's great you are paying attention to the GUU forum. Equally glad the Pat's are selling items. Is there any plan to sell more than jerseys like helmets, pants, cleats, etc..? (I know there is one helmet on the site)
    Yes, we do have game pants and more Throwback helmets. I am curious how any people would be interested in pants. What do you guys think a pair of game pants is worth. Most (if not all) of what I have seen is laundered and my guess is most is game issued not game worn. I think there are several years/styles mixed in among the boxes...and we are pretty sure the years will be similar to the jerseys we have received so far.

We are also hoping to get more current items into the mix at some point too.

Jim

Pants can reach a decent amount if they the player is known. Some people like the full uniform from some people and people spend some money. I am a Jet collector and see most of the jets sell for around 100$ on nfl auctions.

Banned

If you guys want to bring in money sell current player stuff. Pants, socks, anything will generate a good amount of money. Other than that the starters on the Super Bowl teams will do well. I have noticed alot of stuff being sold is of minor players who have not played in awhile so I don't think any of their items will have that much demand.

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    I have noticed a lot of stuff being sold is of minor players who have not played in awhile so I don't think any of their items will have that much demand.
    I wouldn't make that assumption. Jason buys anything Michigan State alumni related. Another guy stated he buys Hawaii alumni stuff. I buy Ohio State alumni jerseys, and I'm not the only one. Not everyone is after a Brady/Bledsoe/Bruschi jersey, and with minor players they typically don't have much stuff out there as they weren't in the league that long, or with the Patriots very long. There are niche collectors out there willing to pay a premium for something they are interested in.

I collect University of Hawaii alumni players. With a few exceptions, most of my collection would be considered that of minor/common players. I bought the Adrian Klemm jersey from the Patriots Pro Shop. Even if it was only a team issued jersey I was thrilled to find it for sale. I also bought a LA Rams pants of Leo Goeas to go along with the jersey I have because it only cost me $29 which included the shipping.

Bump - any updates from the ProShop on when new items will become available?

Quote Originally Posted by paul457 View Post
    Bump - any updates from the ProShop on when new items will become available?
    Being the off-season, we don’t have any immediate plans to post any additional Game Worn items. We are moving our warehouse to another location on the stadium property in about 60 days, so we are focused on that right now.

I promise to post here in advance of having some new items available. As always, feel free to send me any requests and we will try and include those suggestions whenever possible.

Jim

Hi Jim....what happened to the Pats Auction site? Any plans of using it again? I understand that it was typically for the Foundation and not the Pro Shop, but it seemed to be a very effective way of releasing Jerseys to the Public without having to check in 10 times a day to fight over the new releases.

Jim, can you email me at woody1351@Hotmail dot com. Thanks