Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TNTtoys
    • Aug 2006

Re: Show Us your Carlos Beltran game used items

Wow guys, I can't believe I missed this thread! Glad it has been bumped up. I'll post some photos here in the next week or two.
    Looking for ...
    Any Game Used Mets jerseys from 1986 and 1987
    Any Keith Hernandez, Ron Darling, Lee Mazzilli and John Olerud Mets items
    Email me at TNT_Toys@yahoo.com

Comment

• MichaelofSF
      • Apr 2007

Carlos Beltran 2004 game used Monarchs/Royals jersey. This jersey was originally sourced through Hunt Auctions and at one time had an LOA from the Kansas City Royals. Before the Negro League Baseball Museum started selling these jerseys through their going yard sale, they would be offered through Hunt Auctions.

Anyway I was able to aquire this jersey in a trade for some other Royals jerseys at the All Star game fanfest this past year. The jersey appears to be unwashed but I do not have the original Royals LOA that came with it. Good thing for the internet and Hunt's digital photos as I can trace my jersey back to this auction. What is interesting about this jersey is that it is a size 48. For most of Beltran's career he has worn a size 46, except in Houston where he wore some size 48 jerseys. I am guessing that the larger size was to go with the theme of the oversized jerseys for the tribute day, but who really knows. 2004 was the year of Beltran's first all star appearance where he was the first man to make both the American League and National League All Star teams in the same year. He was selected to the AL team before being traded to Houston where he was chosen by the Manager to be on the NL team.
      Attached Files

Comment

• MichaelofSF
        • Apr 2007

2011 Carlos Beltran game used away Giants jersey. 2011 was an All Star year for Beltran but he was traded midseason to the Giants from the Mets. The Giants never really got going after the trade and they missed the postseason. MLB authenticated, size 46 cool base. This jersey was originally sourced direct from the San Francisco Giants game used department and I am the original owner. It is MLB authenticated to September 24th, 2011. What is interesting is that this jersey was also worn on September 25th, 2011 (The line snag of the right sleeve of the jersey near the WS patch is appearant in photos from the game on the 25th as well as other road games). This was the Giants last road game where Beltran went 2 for 4 with a home run, his last of the season. The 2011 home Giants jersey that I also own of Beltran was similarly authenticated to the 2nd to last game of the season but was worn in the last game of the season (easily photomatchable by the eye black stains on jersey, I will post photos of this jersey at a later time).

Anyway, the jersey itself shows pretty good use for a coolbase jersey as there is a bunch of pilling on the front of the jersey. It remains in an unwashed state and has pine tar/dirt stains still on the jersey. On the inside a 2011 year tag is present. Also present is the 2010 World Series patch on the right sleeve.

photo from 9/25/2011 2-4 HR game, stains on sleeve and line snag seen on sleeve
        Attached Files

Comment

• MichaelofSF
          • Apr 2007

Carlos Beltran game used Mets home jersey MLB authenticated to 7-26-2006. In this game Beltran was 2-3 with 2 BB, 2 SB and scored the game winning run in the 10th to beat the Cubs 1-0. The jersey has some dirt, sweat and other stains still present.
          Attached Files

Comment

• flota89
            • Jul 2009

Sorry for the poor photos, but here is Beltran's set 3 away jersey from 2012. Shows light use with some snags and evidence of washing on the tag.
            Attached Files
            Collecting Cardinals jerseys and bats, with a focus on Yadier Molina, Matt Holliday, and Adam Wainwright.

Tyler
            flotaboys@hotmail.com

Comment

• MichaelofSF
              • Apr 2007

Nice thread revival Tyler.

2010 Game Used Carlos Beltran Mets Road jersey. MLB authenticated to 9/26/2010 when Beltran had a 2 HR, one from each side of the plate, game against the Phillies (3/5, 2R, 2 HR, 3 RBI). The jersey has some grass stains on the front and some dirt/tar stains on the back right shoulder. It is tagged set 2 and is a size 46
              Attached Files

Comment

• MichaelofSF
                • Apr 2007

heck of a NLCS game 1 last night.

Here is a 2012 first half game worn batting helmet used by Beltran. MLB authenticated to last use date July 8th, 2012. The batting helmet was acquired through Cardinals Auctions directly.
                In Spring Training of 2012 Beltran was still wearing the cool flo style helmet before he switched to the newer style helmet at the start of the season. This helmet was likely used when Carlos stole his 300th base (6/15/2012) becoming the first switch hitter as part of the 300-300 club and also when he got his 2,000 hit (6/29/2012). His strong 2012 first half propelled him into the ASG as a starter in Kansas City where he also participated in his first HR derby.
                Attached Files

Comment

• MLB~NUT
                  • Feb 2011

Great items guys.... Very Amazed theres no Astros GU gear....

Comment

• 64SHEA
                    • Apr 2011

Got this last month. His hat from the 2006 NLCS.

Comment

• MichaelofSF
                      • Apr 2007

Originally posted by MLB~NUT
                      Great items guys.... Very Amazed theres no Astros GU gear....
                      2004 Astros Game used jersey. After his mideseason trade, Beltran finished up 2004 with the Astros. The jersey has an Astros team letter stating its use. Also of note on this jersey is the 2004 All Star game patch removal. The letter states that the patch was removed from the right sleeve. I have no idea why though, the outline can be seen. Style shown being worn by Beltran. In 2004 it appears as though Beltran wore size 48 with the Astros following his trade. This was a departure from his normal size 46. Beltran also has worn size 48 with the Cardinals.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• MichaelofSF
                        • Apr 2007

Carlos Beltran 2001 game used autographed away jersey
                        I purchased this jersey originally from Howard Wolf back in the early 2000s. It is a size 46 jersey with Russell labeling. Unfortunately I do not remember if this has 2 inches extra on the sleeves or not. In 2004 I had Beltran sign the back number at Spring Training and later had it framed. The jersey has the 100th season AL patch and the post 9/11 flag patch on it.

One of Beltran's favorite inscriptions refers to the bible reference Philippians 4:13 and he has signed a few autographs for me with this on it. On this auto, he spells it "Fhilip" where as on other autos he has signed it "Phil"
                        Attached Files

Comment

• MichaelofSF
                          • Apr 2007

Carlos Beltran 2001 game used autographed home jersey (no longer in my collection)
                          This 2001 home jersey was originally purchased by me from Howard Wolf. I had it autographed by Beltran when he came to LA to play the Dodgers in Interleague play in 2003. Unfortunately the pen that I used was not the best for autos (I pretty much only use Pilot Paint Pens now). I took some photos of the tagging on the front prior to selling it for reference. It is a size 46 with 2 inches extra for the sleeves. The jersey also has the flag patch and AL 100th patch. Sorry for the lack of detailed pics but they were taken back in 2004. I will post my other 2001 Beltran home jersey next for comparison
                          Attached Files

Comment

• MichaelofSF
                            • Apr 2007

Previously posted in the Royals game used thread...

2001 Carlos Beltran game used jersey
                            This one was obtained originally from a shirt off the back type drawing at the game. I purchased this from the original owner. This jersey was worn prior to September 11th as post 9/11 the US Flag patch was present on jerseys. In 2001 all American League teams wore the 100 years AL patch on the sleeve.

This jersey is unwashed. Dirt, pine tar and sharpie markings are present on this jersey. What is interesting about this jersey is the Russell tagging is the 1996-1999 style tagging. The other 2001 Beltran jerseys that I have handled had the 2001 style Russell tagging.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• MichaelofSF
                              • Apr 2007

Carlos Beltran 2006 game used home pants (Steiner LOA)
                              This is a pair of 2006 game used Mets Beltran pants. The pants are unwashed and come directly (purchased by me) from Steiner Sports. I have only owned one other pair of Beltran pants and they were Mets road pants (tagged 15 Beltran 36-41 37 OB 06 P6). I had seen a pair of Russell tagged Royals Beltran pants before but cannot recall the size on them.
                              Attached Files

Comment

• MichaelofSF
                                • Apr 2007

Carlos Beltran 2012 game used Cardinals road jersey (MLB authenticated team issued)
                                2012 was Beltran's first year as a Cardinal. This is a set 2 2012 road jersey with heavy use. The jersey is MLB authenticated as Team Issued with an offseason authentication date. I acquired the jersey directly from Cardinals Auctions. The jersey has good wash wear, some snags, as well as some pilling on the front of the jersey as seen in the photos. The 2011 World Series Champions patch is present on this jersey as the Cards wore the patch during their 2012 campaign. The jersey is a size 48 which as far as I know is the size that Beltran wore during his time with the Cardinals. The jersey has recently become somewhat of an excess piece in my collection as my next post will show (I try to collect a home and road from each of Beltran's teams). I am still looking for a Cardinals home Beltran jersey.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...