Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Why is the forum always down?

I don’t think the focus, interest, and dedication to this site is the same today, as it was when I joined a few years ago. Sad actually, because when I first joined, any negativity (if you want to call it that) was more about challenging game used stuff (not attacking people) and sharing of knowledge. The people in this forum when I joined, were the best-of-the-best back then. Some of that still occurs today, but not like it did when I joined. I actually miss those days! I had my butt handed back to be on a few occassions, when being challenged, and they were tuff. But they were knowledgeable, cared about cleaning up the hobby, and taught me a lot.
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

In my opionion it always starts from the top. If their interest, time, whatever has waivered away, the end product will reflect it. Hope it gets better because I have enjoyed my time here!

Moderators have no control over the site availibility and we can only report the outage to site owner who can resolve the issue.

Thanks
    David
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

I think I mentioned this in another thread. I don't think the hobby is going away, but the forum is certainly in a bad way...

Trying to host the GUU auctions was probably the start where the site seemed to not be the main focus anymore, then the large amounts of bans happened. Not thinking the mods were wrong in most cases, but those members just happened to be some of the most frequent posters to the board. It would probably have been the better route to ignore their troll posts in exchange for dozens of legit ones from some of them...

You'd think another entity might have interest in this forum if the ownership wanted to sell. It had a pretty large member base at one point. Better to sell while some are still active than wait for all of them to drift away, no?

Hello Everyone,

The site outages have been due to some issues with the server. When there are problems we work as quickly as possible to get the site up for everyone's benefit. We are also looking at trying to do a migration that might help but it requires quite a bit of preparation to make sure the site maintains its integrity.

I apologize when the site does go down and we will continue to do everything we can to provide this free service to collectors.

Sincerely,
    Chris
    Christopher Cavalier
    Consignment Director - Heritage Auctions

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCavalier View Post
    Hello Everyone,

The site outages have been due to some issues with the server. When there are problems we work as quickly as possible to get the site up for everyone's benefit. We are also looking at trying to do a migration that might help but it requires quite a bit of preparation to make sure the site maintains its integrity.

I apologize when the site does go down and we will continue to do everything we can to provide this free service to collectors.

Sincerely,
    Chris
    "I apologize when the site does go down and we will continue to do everything we can to provide this FREE SERVICE to collectors."

Not sure if it was the intent to make a point and throw a jab back at those who commented, but if so, not nice! It's how I read it.

You could have easily just said "I apologize when the site goes down and we will continue to do everything we can to keep it up."
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

I'm with Chris Cavalier on this one.. He does what he can and the ervice is free. I have learned much from forum members.

But people are forgetting some things:
    1: This forum is not an entitlement. If it's down, it's down. Go out and watch a sunset or something...
    2: It seems more acceptable now more than ever to be rude. I've written many posts and get "ripped a new one" because of it.

I love this forum -- and check it about every hour. I love learning stuff and hearing from knowledgable people. I don't like reading things from people who have a p___ poor attitude about life in general.

My recommendation -- thank Chris Cavalier for all his hard work and for God's sake chillax.

Dave Silverbrand

Thank you Dave for your comments.

Tony, please note that was not intended as a "jab" at anyone. It's just that the migration process right now would be a bit time consuming for some technical reasons and require some resources to make it happen. We are sincerely trying to do everything we can to keep the site available to everyone so it can benefit those who use it. Although I wanted to provide some additional perspective on what is happening on the back end, I apologize if it came across in any other way. In the end, you are correct, we will continue to do everything we can to keep the site up for collectors.

Sincerely,
    Chris
    Christopher Cavalier
    Consignment Director - Heritage Auctions

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCavalier View Post
    Thank you Dave for your comments.

Tony, please note that was not intended as a "jab" at anyone. It's just that the migration process right now would be a bit time consuming for some technical reasons and require some resources to make it happen. We are sincerely trying to do everything we can to keep the site available to everyone so it can benefit those who use it. Although I wanted to provide some additional perspective on what is happening on the back end, I apologize if it came across in any other way. In the end, you are correct, we will continue to do everything we can to keep the site up for collectors.

Sincerely,
    Chris
    Chris, understand. I think there's just a lot of frustration for many. Thanks!
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Chris, I truly appreciate what you do and how hard you work to keep the site operational. I have made friends and learned so much on here so please accept a "THANK YOU" for what you have built and keep it going!

Tom

Go Pack! NC State 1981 graduate