Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Ever regret passing on an item?

In the past, and very recently, I hesitated and/or passed up the chance to acquire a game worn item, and it ended going to another buyer. Afterwards I have had deep and lingering regret that I didn't buy the item when I had the chance. I am wondering how other collectors deal with the regret of a lost chance/opportunity??

Re: Ever regret passing on an item?

Quote Originally Posted by Vikingshelmetguy View Post
    In the past, and very recently, I hesitated and/or passed up the chance to acquire a game worn item, and it ended going to another buyer. Afterwards I have had deep and lingering regret that I didn't buy the item when I had the chance. I am wondering how other collectors deal with the regret of a lost chance/opportunity??
    it has happen to me but i usually don't linger on it too much. what bothers me more is when i lose track of who is the new owner. the new system on ebay makes it more difficult to know who is the new owner since the username is scrambled and auction house will not disclose the name of the new owner because of privacy issues.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

On eBay, go to the sellers feedback. If the buyer leaves feedback, that's how I always find out who the winner of an item was.

Quote Originally Posted by joelsabi View Post
    it has happen to me but i usually don't linger on it too much. what bothers me more is when i lose track of who is the new owner. the new system on ebay makes it more difficult to know who is the new owner since the username is scrambled and auction house will not disclose the name of the new owner because of privacy issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey2007 View Post
    On eBay, go to the sellers feedback. If the buyer leaves feedback, that's how I always find out who the winner of an item was.
    True. But nowadays many sellers wait for the buyer to leave feedback which doesnt always happen. I try to email the seller if no ebay is left. Sometimes you get lucky and the seller discloses the new owner. I have asked several auction houses and they are willing to forward information to the new owner but the new owner, rightly so, are not obligated to disclose who they are.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Quote Originally Posted by joelsabi View Post
    What I do is save the auction in my watch list. When the auction is over, I wait for the seller and buyer to leave each other feedback. Once they do, you can see their ebay ID and now you know.
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Quote Originally Posted by 3arod13 View Post
    What I do is save the auction in my watch list. When the auction is over, I wait for the seller and buyer to leave each other feedback. Once they do, you can see their ebay ID and now you know.
    Wow! Guess I should have read the entire thread, before posting (lol)
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Many times! I have sold pieces in my personal collection that I never thought I would, just to get the money to pay for that high dollar piece I wanted, and couldn't afford at the time. Those are the times I regret doing it. But when I look at the new piece I got, I then get over it
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Let me guess.. A Vikings suspension helmet offered through a semi-popular auction house.

I have never laid awake in bed at night pissed that I paid too much for an item, however I have done so over not buying an item that I really wanted and someone else did so. Then there is the constant thoughts in your head of the lost item and the wasted energy of trying to track it down, and then in the rare event that you find it, then often times having to pay an over inflated price to obtain it. Better just to take a deep breath, bend over, pull the trigger, buy it, and live happily ever after.

ya and I dont know who has it. that is the worst part, if i knew i would send them an email to let me know when they want to sell it.

The only thing that still lingers in my head, is the Barry Larkin University of Michigan game used jersey...... Went back and forth and didn't pull the trigger after a few other big purchases around the same time period.
    Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.