Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Ebay Question on: 2012 Humberto Quintero Houston Astros Game Used/WornJersey Size 50

Hi Forum,
    Can someone look at Ebay auction # 330827038934
    2012 Humberto Quintero Houston Astros Game Used Worn Jersey Size 50. Seller txnfan.

Question, How can a jersey be game used, when the player gets traded in Spring Training.

Description said game issued. The title reads game used/worn. Please look at picture number 5. Tag looks to fresh to be game worn. There are bidders thinking it is game used when its not. I am sure it is a typo on the title.

On March 20, 2012: Humberto Quintero was traded by the Houston Astros with Jason Bourgeois to the Kansas City Royals for a player to be named later and Kevin Chapman (minors). The Kansas City Royals sent D'Andre Toney (minors) (June 10, 2012) to the Houston Astros to complete the trade.

Jersey is Team/Game Issued and never worn since he got traded. B.F.

Re: Ebay Question on: 2012 Humberto Quintero Houston Astros Game Used/WornJersey Size 50

I don't see the problem here. The seller, whom I know, is a stand-up guy, and I've done several transactions with him. While the title may say "game used," this is nothing more than typical eBay keyword spamming.

The description clearly says "issued," and it's about the third word in. It should be pretty obvious that it's an issued jersey. BTW, did you contact the seller, per forum rules, and, if so, what did he say?
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Re: Ebay Question on: 2012 Humberto Quintero Houston Astros Game Used/WornJersey Size 50

I dont see anything wrong with a seller using game used or worn in a title to attract buyers.

The description also states that the jersey was issued and that he was traded before the season. What more do you need?

I've dealt with this seller before, stand up seller and great guy. His items are about as good as buying from the Astros themselves.

I don't see what the problem is, the description clearly states the jersey is issued.

Even funnier, you have a jersey listed almost the exact same way, yet you posted a link complaining about someone else's auction.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ROSS-WOLF-Ho...item3a7bc89031

Astros 5.7 (Chris),

I find your post even funnier. I have a jersey listed? Stop making an assumption. Do you know it is me?

I have a question about TXFAN jersey and you post (link) someone's auctions. The section is titled 'AUCTION DISCUSSION'. I even said his title may be a typo.

The link you gave:

Title: 'ROSS WOLF (Houston Astros) 2011 Game Used/Team Issued Road JERSEY'

Description: 2011 ROSS WOLF #48 (Houston Astros) Game un Used/Team Issued Road Jersey

Notes: This was prepared for Ross Wolf but never worn

Ross Wolf was a 2011 Houston Astros Spring Training invite.

Chris, How can you compare the two auctions. That auction reminds me of this auction.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/2004-Roger-C...item2577525e61

txnfan title states: '2012 Humberto Quintero Houston Astros Game Used Worn Jersey Size 50 Rare Patch'

Description This jersey was issued for Quintero # 55 of the Houston Astros! Size 50. cool base. Player only tagging. Q was traded to the royals prior to the 2012 season.

I had asked a question in the auction discussion section about a jersey.

Quote Originally Posted by hfd0035 View Post
    I dont see anything wrong with a seller using game used or worn in a title to attract buyers.

The description also states that the jersey was issued and that he was traded before the season. What more do you need?

I've dealt with this seller before, stand up seller and great guy. His items are about as good as buying from the Astros themselves.
    HFD,

Stand up seller or not. You can attract more buyers of being honest. For a person who does know about game used jerseys'. Winning an auction and when you get the jersey. The jersey is not game used it issued game issued. His description said issued and was traded before the season. The title is in question. Just be upfront an honest with the title. Jersey is team issued. I never said it is not real. Tags are perfect. Another forum member who was banned had a Roy O. jersey as game used when it was issued. I just asked someone to view the auction. I even answered my own question about it was team issued.

Quote Originally Posted by DantleyHOF View Post
    HFD,

Stand up seller or not. You can attract more buyers of being honest. For a person who does know about game used jerseys'. Winning an auction and when you get the jersey. The jersey is not game used it issued game issued. His description said issued and was traded before the season. The title is in question. Just be upfront an honest with the title. Jersey is team issued. I never said it is not real. Tags are perfect. Another forum member who was banned had a Roy O. jersey as game used when it was issued. I just asked someone to view the auction. I even answered my own question about it was team issued.
    Correction: The jersey is not game used it is game issued.

Yes, I know that is your listing, are you saying it is not?

You posted he shouldn't put game used in the title for issued jersey, but in the Ross Wolf listing you did the exact same thing, so yes I would say they are pretty similar listings. Both listing go on to say they are issued also, so again........very similar.

As far as my listing, I'm not sure what you are crying about. It clearly states in the TITLE and DEESCRIPTION that the bat is an unused bat issued to Clemens.

Quote Originally Posted by astros5.7 View Post
    I don't see what the problem is, the description clearly states the jersey is issued.

Even funnier, you have a jersey listed almost the exact same way, yet you posted a link complaining about someone else's auction.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ROSS-WOLF-Ho...item3a7bc89031
    I was not complaining. I had asked a question.

Quote Originally Posted by astros5.7 View Post
    Yes, I know that is your listing, are you saying it is not?

You posted he shouldn't put game used in the title for issued jersey, but in the Ross Wolf listing you did the exact same thing, so yes I would say they are pretty similar listings. Both listing go on to say they are issued also, so again........very similar.

As far as my listing, I'm not sure what you are crying about. It clearly states in the TITLE and DEESCRIPTION that the bat is an unused bat issued to Clemens.

Chris< You know? Stop assuming. Okay