Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

Re: How does wearing a game worn jersey affect its value?

Quote Originally Posted by ironmanfan View Post
    like the player?
    No someone else other than the player is what I meant

Thanks for the responses!

jppopma - I agree. The owner of the jersey and I have completed a few transactions now so we have a very good working relationship. I honestly think he will ask a fair price for it once he (and his kids) are ready to part with it and it will be just as important to him that the jersey has found a "good home" as the price he realizes for the jersey.

leagleeagle - As far as I know, he hasn't added significant damage to the jersey. And to be honest, I don't know how many times he's washed it. It is autographed twice by the player and the autographs appear somewhat strong still so I'm sure he's not washing it every week. That's what I was thinking as well. If he didn't tell me he wears it all of the time, would I have even have known. Probably not.

Dave/Otis - I think we're on the same page. Although I can understand the other side's point of view.

Thanks again guys and I hope you had a great Thanksgiving! My Lions did their part in ensuring my Turkey day was the same as the past 8 even though I'm no longer in Michigan.

Peace,

John

I have an game used Buccaneers jersey that i bought for $81.50 , becuase the seller sold it incorrectly. I wear it on a lot of gamedays. It is tough to get much lower value than that. So, i could probably lsit a fixed price auction and list it as an "authentic" jersey, which has a bigger market for buyers than game worn and probably get over $100 for it.

However, for those highend game used items that are $500+ yes it likely would lower the value, those jersey really go into more of a "memorabilia" buying group of people.