Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Andrew McCutchen humble beginnings

I'm impressed by Andrew McCutchen's ascent from humble beginnings to the MLB, especially in a time when many African-Americans are choosing football and basketball over baseball.

Another awesome story, though he'll never be the baseball talent that McCutchen is, is former Mariner and current Oriole, Trayvon Robinson. The streets where he grew up were so "gang-infested" that he had to be picked up and driven home from his high school:

http://seattletimes.com/html/mariner...28_mari16.html.

It sure is sobering reading about stories like McCutchen and Trayvon Robinson. They have had to deal with challenges in doing things that you and I may take for granted.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Re: Andrew McCutchen humble beginnings

The really great thing about him is how humble he is and how he never forgets where he came from. I go over to where he lived (the area not his trailer ) twice a week and the people over there are constantly talking about him coming around every offseason, donating and helping out others that are in the same situation he grew up in. During the seaon they are always asking "did you see Cutch the other night?" He gives the people of a small rundown town something to be proud about and he never "bigtimes" them when hes there visiting. Class act he is!!!