Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yosef777
    • Apr 2009

Re: Rawlings RTS - NFL Helmets

Great Bengals Rawlings helmet but that is the HND-9 model not the RTS model. The HND-9 was a staple in the Rawlings catalog from the 1950's through the early 80's. It was discontinued and replaced by the ANFL model around 1982 and later the RTS model in about 1985. Both the ANFL model and RTS had the large font and nose bumper as well as vinyl interiors (opposed to HND-9 leather ones). I included a photo of the a Bears ANFL for comparison and I believe Marino wore the ANFL with the Dolphins
    Attached Files

Comment

• princip
      • Dec 2006

Fantastic Bengals helmet Jim!

I finally got my hands on a true Seahawks Rawlings RTS gamer. Padding was pretty much non-existent, no surprise there. However, that wonderfully generic Seahawks wordmark front pad and early 80s decals(over screw/rivets) are ever so present.

www.greenxoblue.com

Comment

• princip
        • Dec 2006

Originally posted by cohibasmoker
        I've attached a couple of scans of my Rawlings Bengals helmet. I know there was a larger "Rawlings" font used on some front bumpers for some players but I was told that it may be best to look for the "smaller" font.

Jim
        Love the look of the perforated padding in that helmet.
        www.greenxoblue.com

Comment

• mrclean08
          • Jun 2012

Were the "noodle" tubes in the RTS originally clear? Or were they always of a yellow color?

Comment

• War Helmets
            • Feb 2014

Great to see something about NFL helmets on this Baseball dominated site.Been looking for a GU Raiders helmet of any player from late 70's through the 80's and it looks hopeless.About ready to give up rickwood35180@gmail.com

Comment

• Jacuzzi
              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by mrclean08
              Were the "noodle" tubes in the RTS originally clear? Or were they always of a yellow color?
              I'm fairly certain that they were a creme color (like surgical tubing) when new.

Comment

Working...