Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Peyton Manning Game Issued on NFL Autions

http://www.nflauction.nfl.com/cgi-bi...unbr=198631121

I do not think this was issued for Manning. He has worn a size 50 for over a decade.....this is a size 44. I could be wrong....but I seriously doubt he wears a 44 now. That being said, I would very sadly pass......

Re: Peyton Manning Game Issued on NFL Autions

I agree... I think Manning has wore 50 since at least 2000... Highly doubt he's gone down three sizes...sad that someone is going to spend so much on a jersey that they think was made for Manning to wear..

could it be the switch from reebok to nike the sizes are different?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mad87man View Post
    could it be the switch from reebok to nike the sizes are different?
    Or could it be that Denver ordered different sized jerseys and this was too small?

FWIW I do believe the size chart is different for Nike jerseys than for Reeboks...50 is typically a large correct? I do know with Nike that 40 is their "small", 42 is medium and 44 is large. I'm guessing that translates over to game jerseys as well and not just for replica/authentic/elite/whatever they're called these days.

I noticed a big difference in size from the Nike and Reebok Jerseys. I could never get a 40-42 Reebok Jersey over the Mannequin for display. I have found that a size 40 Nike fits the Mannequin with ease.

Its difficult to tell the actual size of the Manning in the NFL Auctions jersey, but it does not appear to be too small for Manning?

The part that I thought was a bit odd, was that the Manning does not appear to have a PSA Card or number with it as most GI's from NFL Auctions do have a card.....If you are bidding, you might want to look into that.

Still a very cool Jersey!

He is still wearing size 50 in his nike pratice jersey. I know that this might not translate to him wearing a 50 in his game jersey, but makes it more likely:

Banned

Ok ill bite.

So if this is not a Game Issued Jersey for Manning what is it??

Is it possible as TRSENT mentioned a wrong sized ordered for Manning? Or a retail Jersey?

From Tom's very detailed endzonesportscharities.org

"Finally, there can be significantly different cuts in size from one manufacturer to another. In comparing sized 46 Wilson and Nike jerseys side by side, there was a 2" difference in the armpit-to-armpit measurement, and a 4" difference in actual chest size. As teams switched from one manufacturer to another, player's jersey sizes may have changed as well."

For my personal experience, this explains why Gary Zimmerman went from a 48 Wilson to a 46 Nike in '96

Although it's not Reebok to Nike, but from Wilson to Nike, I think this shows that different manufactures sizes are often times different.

Quote Originally Posted by abstractheory View Post
    From Tom's very detailed endzonesportscharities.org

"Finally, there can be significantly different cuts in size from one manufacturer to another. In comparing sized 46 Wilson and Nike jerseys side by side, there was a 2" difference in the armpit-to-armpit measurement, and a 4" difference in actual chest size. As teams switched from one manufacturer to another, player's jersey sizes may have changed as well."

For my personal experience, this explains why Gary Zimmerman went from a 48 Wilson to a 46 Nike in '96

Although it's not Reebok to Nike, but from Wilson to Nike, I think this shows that different manufactures sizes are often times different.
    Sorry Tom, I meant to say from Pat's endzonesportscharities.org