Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Red Auerbach dead.

Banks' famous saying is "Let's play two!"
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Talking Re: Red Auerbach dead.

Just tell me when and where they bury Al Davis. I'll drink a six pack and stand over his grave and let nature take its course. But getting back to that other hump, Red, lighting up a stoggie when you win is like grabbing your crotch, it was disrespectful and classless. No air conditioning in the vistor's locker, no running water for showers, etc. is just bullshit. Great and talented players like Jerry West, Elgin Baylor and, yes, even Wilt and Mikan, didn't deserve that treatment. At the time, Red would sneer and tell them that they were "sore losers." Where's the stoggie now, Red? Where's your beloved dynasty? Does anyone have a light?

Have you guys ever realized that his name is pronounced hour-back and he passed away on day light savings?

Quote Originally Posted by encinorick View Post
    "Let's go for two."
    "...and you say he's just a friend...and you say he's just a friend..."

Classless?Your talking about the man who broke the color barrier in the NBA.That is not a classless act.I implore you to do your research before calling THIS man classless.And about the locker rooms with no water or AC etc.the Garden was owned by the Boston Bruins and the Celtics had no control over any of it.Red would laugh when these accusations came his way because the Celtics locker rooms had the same conditions.He never denied it cause he believed it got under the visiting teams skins.Why say anything?This man had more character and class in his pinky finger then you or i combined.Why don't you try smearing someone like Magic Johnson who is one of the least classiest,philandering,no good pieces of sh*t that the basketball world has seen.Leave Red be........
    jon

Warren,

What was that line again? Something about "the ship be sinking"?

Reid
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Smile Re: Red Auerbach dead.

Nobody said Red was all bad, just classless. Josef Stalin liked dogs, so I guess he wasn't all bad either. Jerry West has class, Elgin Baylor has class, and, yes, Magic Johnson, too, who keeps giving and giving to his community, although early on he couldn't keep his pecker in those short-shorts. The Yankees are a dynasty team, perhaps, too, the Red Wings, but, the Celtics? 20 years of mediocrity and counting. They had a good run, that's it. Oh by the way, Josef Stalin was classless and he too was a Red!

Banned

Who's the idiot who said the Celtics weren't unlucky? Len Bias dies before he ever plays a game for them, and Reggie Lewis, at the time their best player and just in his prime, dies too. You can't replace a Bias and Reggie Lewis. The luck ran out in 1987. Celtics STILL have more Rings than the Lakers and it will stay that way because they both suck now. I'm with Shaq-he didn't want any part of the Lakers and Kobe. Pathetic.
    GOD BLESS RED

Like I said, God is a Laker fan. "He giveth, and taketh it away" First, Bias then Lewis, now Red. Funny, Magic seems to be doing ok, and the Lakers, too. Don't include them with the slow, depressed, downtrodden Celtics. 2-0 baby, 2-0 baby