Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Warning- Grey Flannel Auction- Reggie Jackson bat used in last at bat at Fenway

I simply googled "Reggie Jackson last at bat fenway" and a full youtube video is on the top of the search results. There is a full video of Jackson in his last at bat at Fenway using a all black Rawlings bat. Grey Flannel has Jackson's last at bat game used bat, EXCEPT it is a TWO TONE rawlings. How could they miss this???!?!?!?!?!!??!

Re: Warning- Grey Flannel Auction- Reggie Jackson bat used in last at bat at Fenway

It's REALLY hard to tell, but even in the photo they provide the bat looks all black!

Ken

Banned

Re: Warning- Grey Flannel Auction- Reggie Jackson bat used in last at bat at Fenway

I was at that game. Don't remember much but at the end of the game a handful of us walked over to the visitors dugout and gave Reggie a standing ovation. He obliged and threw his cap into the crowd. It flew right towards me and a guy about a foot taller than I stabbed it as I went to grab it.

That would have been nice to add to my collection.

Super Moderator

Did you notice all of the descriptions that say "it was presented to us as game used". Just seems like they are covering their butts and selling things as is. More of the same, auction houses issuing their own loa or letting consignors say what's authentic.

Ken- If you look in the catalog, it does not look all black AT ALL. It is clearly two tone. If you pull the two minute video on youtube, it is clear that it is all black. I don't think you are looking at the same pictures and video as me. Definitely not the bat.

Quote Originally Posted by bagbig View Post
    Ken- If you look in the catalog, it does not look all black AT ALL. It is clearly two tone. If you pull the two minute video on youtube, it is clear that it is all black. I don't think you are looking at the same pictures and video as me. Definitely not the bat.
    I think he was agreeing with your observation, noting that a photo they provided of the event also showed a black bat as opposed to the two tone.

Grey Flannel using the words "it was presented to us as game used" is just like PSA and JSA using the word Opinion. None of them want to be responsible anymore in case something is found to be fake.

just talked to Michael at GF, and they are going to look into this.

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by earlywynnfan View Post
    just talked to Michael at GF, and they are going to look into this.

Ken
    I mean, why would you look into it before you put it in your auction, that would be crazy!

Mike

Excellent job, Mike! Looks like they took it down.

Ken