Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Grey Flannel Dwyane Wade Rookie Jersey

I use to really value them as being 100% legit when it comes to things but after watching their show All Star Dealers they are more worried about how much money they are going to make on an item and not so much as to putting the work into it as being genuine. I also didn't like how they just threw things around - people's items that were sent in - and they always had things laying out like they were trying to say look what we have.
    I understand they are in the business to make money but with that they should do their homework and something like this should never have happened. How do you not know who made what jerseys for what season.

im not a huge collector but that seems a bit ridiculous to get something like that wrong...especially when some of us novice count on those big name sites to be legit and trusted. And even over pay for stuff due to this..
    GOOD EYE!!

Sadly, my faith in several of these auction houses is long gone and I've been only collecting for short time...

Banned

It appears this same jersey has resurfaced. I have emailed Legendary Auctions and notified them that the Heat wore Nike in 2003-2004 and that the jersey was previously pulled from Grey Flannel.

The auction ends in just over 24 hours so I figured it best to notify anyone thinking of bidding on this jersey that it cannot be game used from 2003-2004 as the Heat wore Nike and not Reebok this season as previously discussed above.

Amazing that once one auction house sends back a jersey as not being legitimate the consignor has the nerve to try to pass it off again through another auction house!

http://www.legendaryauctions.com/LotDetail.aspx?inventoryid=155491

Banned

I was emailed today by Doug Allen and Jeffrey Marren from Legendary Auctions and they pulled the jersey from the auction. Good work and quick response by them on this one.

Good job catching this, Joel!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by earlywynnfan View Post
    Good job catching this, Joel!
    I'm 2 for 2 but it appears the consignor will keep passing it around until someone sells it for them as game used.

Quote Originally Posted by trsent View Post
    I'm 2 for 2 but it appears the consignor will keep passing it around until someone sells it for them as game used.
    You may be 2 for 2 on calling out the jersey, but that's probably 2 for 2 on auction houses not doing their homework and listing it in the frirst place.

Mike

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Flamechicken View Post
    You may be 2 for 2 on calling out the jersey, but that's probably 2 for 2 on auction houses not doing their homework and listing it in the frirst place.

Mike
    One of them is known as the office authenticator for the NBA Hall of Fame.