Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Grey FLannel Lot #36 Ken Griffey Jr. Possible Last AB Game Worn Jersey

I was going to bid on this lot, but did a little research before I did. I'm sure this was not the jersey he wore in his last at bat, and I have doubts about it's authenticity. His last AB jersey does not have a teal fill-in on the "4", the auction jersey does have a fill-in. Also, I found images of a public appearance dated 5/5/2010. The jersey he is wearing is the same style as the jersey in question, but has different tagging. Finally, the spacing in the front "24" seems questionable. The auction jersey has the numbers located closely to seam by the buttons. In all the images I have found there looks to be a couple inches between that seam and the "2". I emailed Grey Flannel this morning about the jersey, but have not recieved a reply. I decided to go ahead and post here since there have been bids placed during the day, and I wanted to let people see this information before they decide to bid.
    Thanks,
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Thanks,
    Jimmy

Email:
    jamesbrandt24 at yahoo.com

Re: Grey FLannel Lot #36 Ken Griffey Jr. Possible Last AB Game Worn Jersey

The difference in the tagging is because the personal appearance jersey is not a cool base jersey. Players don't usually wear game jerseys for appearances.

Quote Originally Posted by GoTigers View Post
    I was going to bid on this lot, but did a little research before I did. I'm sure this was not the jersey he wore in his last at bat, and I have doubts about it's authenticity. His last AB jersey does not have a teal fill-in on the "4", the auction jersey does have a fill-in. Also, I found images of a public appearance dated 5/5/2010. The jersey he is wearing is the same style as the jersey in question, but has different tagging. Finally, the spacing in the front "24" seems questionable. The auction jersey has the numbers located closely to seam by the buttons. In all the images I have found there looks to be a couple inches between that seam and the "2". I emailed Grey Flannel this morning about the jersey, but have not recieved a reply. I decided to go ahead and post here since there have been bids placed during the day, and I wanted to let people see this information before they decide to bid.
    Thanks,
    Kruk Cards has a lot of the 2010 Mariners alternate jerseys for sale. Placement of the numbers look very comparable to the Griffey jersey in the auction and the 4's are filled in on the ones that have 4's. They are MLB authenticated as well.

Well, I'd love to be wrong. Can you post some pictures? I'm still in doubt, as I cannot find more than 1 game where Griffey wore this style jersey, and in that game the 4 is not filled in. It says in the auction he wore this style in his 2nd to last game, but I looked at his season batting log, and in his second to last game they wore home whites, I think it was Mat 23rd.
    Thanks,
    Jimmy

Email:

Here are a few screen shots from his at bat on 5-31-2010 hopefully these will help!!!!

Name:  gg531.JPG
Views: 716
Size:  38.2 KB

Name:  gg531a.JPG
Views: 719
Size:  41.8 KB

Name:  g531j.JPG
Views: 710
Size:  64.6 KB

Name:  g531i.JPG
Views: 750
Size:  65.3 KB

Chuck
    chuck112770@yahoo.com
    Always looking for Mike Cameron,JJ Hardy,and Casey McGeHee items!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GoTigers View Post
    Well, I'd love to be wrong. Can you post some pictures? I'm still in doubt, as I cannot find more than 1 game where Griffey wore this style jersey, and in that game the 4 is not filled in. It says in the auction he wore this style in his 2nd to last game, but I looked at his season batting log, and in his second to last game they wore home whites, I think it was Mat 23rd.
    Here is one of Kruk's listings:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/2010-Seattle...item2577305429

They have a few more alternates as well...looks like they are filled in, just don't show up well on photos. The screenshots show the 4 filled in as well that were just posted.

I'm up in the air about the "4" being filled, but maybe it's my screen/eyes.. What about that spacing? It's further away from the buttons than the jersey in question. To me hiss final AB jersey looks an awful lot like the personal appearance jersey and the tagging on that jersey doesn't look retail either. I appreciate the informative comments. Thanks for your help guys.
    Thanks,
    Jimmy

Email:

I say the personal appearance jersey does not look retail, bc I think I can see a size tag, and a "Property of" tag. It does appear that this jersey is at least an issues jersey, if not worn in an earlier game, but I still don't believe this is his final AB jersey. Thanks again for the help.
    Thanks,
    Jimmy

Email:

The four looks to be filled in when watching the game on MLB tv

Posting these comments on the jersey from a past member

"Screen shots has the placement of the 2 directly under the E in MARINERS. Look at the placement of the 2 on the GF jersey-it into the N in MARINERS.

Screen shots has the I in MARINERS closer to the button than the GF jersey

Screen shot shows the 4 on front outside of the S in MARINERS. GF jersey has it to the left of the S

Screen shot has the top of the numbers in 24 aligned almost horizontally with the button to the left. GF jersey has the 24 way under the horizontal area of the button. "

chuck
    chuck112770@yahoo.com

Always looking for Mike Cameron,jj hardy,and Casey McGehee items!!!!