Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Your top GU pickup of 2012

1926 Ray Blades Cardinals home jersey. Blades was the team's starting left fielder that year until a knee injury ended his season in August. 1926 was the year the Cardinals won their first World Series.

For me it has to be the Kurt Suzuki 2012 Oakland Athletics catchers gear. If Kurt had not got traded to the Nationals it probably would not have been up for sale.

Also I have to thank my wife for buying the gear for me.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Birdbats View Post
    1926 Ray Blades Cardinals home jersey. Blades was the team's starting left fielder that year until a knee injury ended his season in August. 1926 was the year the Cardinals won their first World Series.

Jeff:

Absoultely awesome Cardinals flannel. Who manufactured it?

Dave Miedema

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    Jeff:

Absoultely awesome Cardinals flannel. Who manufactured it?

Dave Miedema
    Spalding. The Cards seemed to switch back and forth between Spalding and Rawlings in those days. In fact, the '26 road was Rawlings. 1927 home and road both were Spalding. Seems if you see the Old English STL on the sleeve (the L looks like an M), Spalding was the manufacturer.

I've been truly blessed, and am thankful for the many quality pickups acquired this year. Picking just one is tough, but if pressed hands down it would be one I got early on. Jamal Dobbs NAVY game worn Pro Combat helmet from the Academy's win over Army last year!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Bob Welch's jerseys from his stint as Manager of the independent league Valley Vipers in 2000.

have to be my 2012 Game Used MLB auth Buster Posey Jersey. Sorry don't have a picture handy to post.

Pete

I would have to say my 2012 Game Used New York Yankees Raul Ibanez Batting Helmet

I love the helmet because it has great use, we are both of the same nationality, and that its a great memento of his magical performance at the end of the 2012 season

Jose Altuve game used All-Star game used jersey & fielding glove, ect!

Smile Re: Your top GU pickup of 2012

Feast or famine this year, lost out on some great items (Joe Greene jersey from Canada, where are you????), picked up a few great items. Best one though is a golf item, a sport which isn't mentioned much on this forum, it's the actual flag that flew on the 18th green when Jack Nicklaus won one of his greatest and most famous major championships. When I was 15 I had the good fortune to meet the great man when he made a surprise appearance at my home club and I was introduced to him by our Pro as our "Junior Club Champion", what a thrill! Later on I attended many major championships and followed Nicklaus around the course every time I could. Golf items that are truly the "game worn" type are so few and far between, this was a real surprise pickup and definitely made my 2012! I'm always happy to top off the year with a Steelers durene though if anyone is selling!!!!