Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Your top GU pickup of 2012

I'm gonna say my personal game used equipment from 2012 Royals Fantasy Camp...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wes Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by CampWest View Post

cool. like the tape job on the bats and the drill bat.

everyone i have read about the experience at fantasy camp has been positive. what a nice set up on the display too.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Quote Originally Posted by Birdbats View Post
    1926 Ray Blades Cardinals home jersey. Blades was the team's starting left fielder that year until a knee injury ended his season in August. 1926 was the year the Cardinals won their first World Series.

the red piping is classic cardinals.
    was the team nickname and the two cardinals w/ bat removed for a reason?
    is there a name stripe tag inside the jersey to identify blades as the owner?
    i just find these old jersey finds very interesting historically.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Quote Originally Posted by karamaxjoe View Post
    Wow, that's pretty cool. How did you attribute the jersey to Blades and where did you get it?

I took a look at Dressed to the Nines and the 26 Cards jersey looked a little different. Thoughts?
    The jersey was sold by Blades' niece, who was divesting several items belonging to her uncle to help pay medical bills. With manipulation, you can faintly see Blades' name on the tag under the collar and written in the tail.

Dressed to the Nines is useful, but far from accurate. In '26, the home jerseys were plain white with just the logo on the sleeve. The team received a new set for the World Series -- these had piping on the placket and a different logo on the sleeve. I think that's what Dressed to the Nines uses for its home illustration. The road jerseys in '26 had the birds on bat and pinstripes; a new set for the WS looked similar, but the logo was altered a bit (easily differentiated by the "C").

1926 regular season home

1926 World Series home

1926 regular season road

1926 World Series road

Banned

Smile Re: Your top GU pickup of 2012

Thanks, Jeff.

Dave Miedema

Quote Originally Posted by CampWest View Post

This is one of the sweetest things I've seen. Makes me want to attend a Fantasy Camp.
    Gary
    gashlockusmc@yahoo.com

Always looking for Atlanta Braves & St Louis Blues game used stuff, old and current stars

I was a bit harsh saying Dressed to the Nines is "far from accurate." It actually is accurate in most cases and represents an amazing contribution to the hobby. The size of the graphics makes it difficult to convey small details, like the sleeve logo or the different crests. And there are some errors on older uniforms that may be the result of insufficient information when the database was created. Overall, though, it's a wonderful resource... and it would be great if it could be updated as new discoveries come to light.

Wow...a tough question. For me the Super Bowl 32 Keith Burns' Denver Broncos helmet. I was able to expand my NFL gamers through several members and again am so thankful for the friends made and the knowledge gained through this forum!

Tom

Go Pack! NC State 1981 graduate
    Attached Images Attached Images   

The jersey was sold by Blades' niece, who was divesting several items belonging to her uncle to help pay medical bills. With manipulation, you can faintly see Blades' name on the tag under the collar and written in the tail.

Dressed to the Nines is useful, but far from accurate. In '26, the home jerseys were plain white with just the logo on the sleeve. The team received a new set for the World Series -- these had piping on the placket and a different logo on the sleeve. I think that's what Dressed to the Nines uses for its home illustration. The road jerseys in '26 had the birds on bat and pinstripes; a new set for the WS looked similar, but the logo was altered a bit (easily differentiated by the "C"

Thanks for the history lesson Jeff. I thoroughly enjoy posts about older jerseys that entail some research. That's probably the first and last 26 jersey you'll ever own and I'm sure you'll give it a nice home.
    Mike

Looking for any White Sox jersey from Richie Zisk.

My website - http://www.freewebs.com/karamaxjoe/

"There are only two seasons - winter and Baseball"
    ~ Bill Veeck

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[SIZE=4][SIZE=4]The jersey was sold by B[SIZE=4]lades' niece, who was divesting several items belonging to her uncle to help pay [SIZE=4]medical bills. With man[SIZE=4]ipulation, you can faintly see Blades' name[SIZE=4] on the tag under the collar and written in the tail.

[SIZE=4]Dressed to the Nines is useful, but far from accurat[SIZE=4]e. In '26, the home jerseys were plain white with just the logo on the sleeve. The team received a new set for the World Series -- these had piping on the placket and a different logo on the sleeve. I think that's what Dressed to the Nines uses for its home illustration. The road jerseys in '26 had the birds on bat and pinstripes; a new set for the WS looked similar, but the logo was altered a bit (easily differentiated by the "C").
    \
    thanks for the lesson.

I got the idea that the bat balance on bat was a constant on st louis uniforms since 1922. Boy was I wrong using the below resource. Thanks for the lesson in history.
    http://blog.heritagesportsart.com/20...-and-team.html
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com