Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
    Banned

NFL Auctions-Historic Tony Gonzalez Jersey

The jersey that Tony wore for his 100th and 101st career tds is on NFL Auctions ending tomorrow night. Tony is the only TE in NFL History with 100 tds so the jersey is very historic.

Re: NFL Auctions-Historic Tony Gonzalez Jersey

In that case it will probably be won by jersey2121! Look for a high price and a late bidding scramble.

It seems like NFL Auctions has sold the same players game worn jersey (from different games) numerous times. I do not know if it is an issue with what the teams supply but I would rather bid on different players over the course of the season.

Last season the 49ers sold the majority of the jerseys worn in their International Series game. It was one of the few instances where collectors had the opportunity to buy non star players. I am sure that there are many of us who would love to add more of these kinds of gamers to our collections.

When NFL Auctions just sells high end star players and of those, only home shirts, it can decrease overall interest in the auction. Most collectors cannot spend endless $$$ on the same player and, like myself, would love to add more "common" shirts. Hopefully as the season moves towards the Super Bowl they will add more of these cheaper shirts. Another excellent SB Auction would be great too.

Always buying 49er game worn items and ALL 1994 49er gamers!

Paul
    garciajones@yahoo.com

Banned

Re: NFL Auctions-Historic Tony Gonzalez Jersey

I think they try to get the most "desirable" jerseys to make the most money for the charities. Alot of collectors want home jerseys most for some reason though personally I am cool with either if I like the player. I also would like to see lesser players hit the block more. For many of us collectors we can only afford a big ticket jersey every once in awhile. I bought the other Gonzalez they had and to afford it without dipping into my savings or investment accounts I had to sell my Larry Fitzgerald jersey, three basketball jerseys and a common Jets jersey.