Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SF Giants Holiday Sale -- Complaint

Maybe I'm too sensitive but...

So this world series year, if you want Giants memorabilia, you have to be in San Francisco Dec. 16 from 12 to 5 for their Holiday Sale or you lose out. First come. First Served.

It used to be that you could buy things over the phone -- perfect for Giants fans throughout the country. They say they changed it in fairness to everybody. Really?

I guess now the game used business is officially out of control.. Just my opinion but I am really sad that I won't be able to buy anything--A) because I can't be there and B) because it would be too pricey anyway.

Dave Silverbrand

Re: SF Giants Holiday Sale -- Complaint

It's very unfortunate, but try to find someone in SF who can go to the sale and purchase something for you. I'm sure there are collectors on this forum who would help you out.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

This is the letter I sent to the Giants Game used people. I hope you don'[t mind my sharing this with you. It's not about the Giants. It's about those of use who share a passion for the game.

Congratulations fans! What a fantastic season!

This anouncement by e-mail is both disappointing and troubling

I have been a longtime Giants fan and collector of Giants memorablia and live six hours away in Humboldt County. This season was especially important to me because it helped me through life-threatening health issues. I was greatly looking forward to acquiring some game-used memorabilia to remember this special season.

But on return from UCSF Medical Center (in San Francisco) for cardiac evaluation, I found this e-mail saying that the only way to secure game used memorabilia would be to return to SF on the 16th, two weeks, for a five-hour window at the park to buy things. Nothing mail-order. That is physically and financially impossible for me.

I think this is wrong and violates the trust of so many long-distance fans who feel closer to the game through your memorabilia -- myself included. YOur e-mail promises more announcements. I hope they include some consideration for those of us who cannot be there and love you nonetheless. I hope you can respond to this.

Dave Silverbrand

Agreed with you 1000%

Post the email address so WE as a community and email them and support your cause.

(but i might not be so nice when it comes to wordings thought. )

This is the e-mail address for the Giants memorbilia people, if you have any personal thoughts. I just had been looking forward to buying something so much....

gameused@SFgiants.com

Let me know what you hear. Sounds to me like that were looking for the most expeditious way to rake in the dough before Christmas -- and fairness be damned. When I remember Giants management hoisting the trophy and say, "This is for you, fans!," it sure sounds lame now.

das1721@att.net

I have to agree. I am only an hour away but won't go to the sale. Sounds like a complete mad house.

pete

Re: SF Giants Holiday Sale -- Complaint--Update

Many thanks to the SF Giants for their understanding. As you know, I could not make it to their World Series game-used sale at the ballpark.

Walking that delicate balance, they made some merchandise available to out-of-state fans (including me) who could not go to the sale. I have a Roberto Kelly post-season jersey on the way now.

Apparently they have kept lots of position-player stuff for their Giants Hall of Fame-- so I am so happy with the result.

So thanks to the Giants game-used people --and this bookends a happy collecting year for me. Will post when I get it.

Dave Silverbrand

Im glad you were able to get some items and that they made items avail to other out of state fans as well.

If anybody attended,was there any Posey GU bats and if so what was the price?? Thank you

I am not one to normally complain about prices as teams, collectors, dealers, etc., have the right to price their items as they wish, but I found the Giants pricing to be simply breath taking. In 2010, World Series MVP Edgar Renteria's game-used road jersey from the Series was priced by the team at $2,000. Two years later, I can grab the road jersey of their backup shortstop or a fringe relief pitcher for the same price.

As a long-time Giants fan, I find this very disappointing. A sincere "thank you" to the Giants for making a few items available to us out-of-state fans, but "no thanks" on the prices.

Mark Hayne
    Gridiron Exchange
    gixc@verizon.net