How much DID you pay for your favorite game used jersey?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Klattsy
    • Aug 2010

Re: How much DID you pay for your favorite game used jersey?

$100 got me 2 jerseys, a vest and a dugout jacket of one of my favorite players from the old Australian Baseball League. Barely see these things around anymore. Especially hard to identify player over retail. Bought the items straight off the player too. Great guy. One of my first purchases.

Comment

• Rob L
      • Nov 2005

Interesting question. I collect Troy Percival GU items. Obviously, he was best known for his time with the Angels, but my favorite may be the first item I purchased from Jake Jahimak - a TBTC uniform from his time with the Rays. He didn't end up in the game but was available to close. I have some great photos of him in the jersey and it is pretty dirty, considering he didn't get in the game. Jake sold me the uniform for $450.
      Rob L
      loefflerrd@cox.net

Always On the Look Out for Troy Percival & Randy Johnson Gamers

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com

Comment

• Oriolesfan29
        • Mar 2012

For me it was my Dana Eveland Orioles Military Appreciation day jersey for $325. While I'm not a big Dana Eveland fan (isn't with team anymore) I love the style of jersey with the Orioles written in camo, the numbers in an Army gold color, and the American flag and Camden Yards 20th anniversary patches on the sleeves. Awesome jersey that I probably overpaid for but I had to have it!

Comment

• Oil Can Dan
          • May 2006

I paid around $5k for Pedro Martinez's rookie Dodger jersey and pants in a GF auction back in 2007.

Comment

• wciii
            • Sep 2013

8,500 Dermontti Dawson

Comment

• wciii
              • Sep 2013

8,500 for HOA Steeler

Comment

• Nnunnari
                Banned
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by kesseldawg
                Back in early 1998, I paid $2,500 for a home game used 1996 Derek Jeter rookie shirt from California Sports Investments. I got Derek to sign it when I knew him back then (I used to work in the same building he lived in) and he told me it was his. I had never spent that much before, but it was the best investment I ever made!
                Nice pick up!

Comment

• godwulf
                  • Aug 2007

Not a player jersey, actually, but a couple of jerseys that Matt Williams wore in 2007, when Brett Butler had a stroke and Matty went out to Mobile to manage the BayBears for the last couple of months of the season. The white pinstriped jersey was gone by the time I heard about the sale, and Matty told me he took the red alternate with him when he left, but the team sold me the grey road jersey and the white vest-style jersey for $125 each, and Matty signed them for me at FanFest a couple of years later. I've got a lot of Matty's stuff, including five of his player jerseys, but having his first jerseys as a Manager is something special to me.
                  Jeff
                  godwulf1@cox.net

Comment

• HawaiiSportsNut
                    • Dec 2009

$450 for a Kurt Suzuki 2009 Athletics alternate black & $650 for his Natiionals 2013 opening day jersey with the Sandy Hook Memorial patch.
                    sigpic

Comment

• BULBUS
                      • Nov 2005

My favorite jersey is a 2000 Michael Strahan which I paid about $425
                      Chris

NY Giants, NY Yankees, Don Mattingly, Mattingly brand bats (any player)
                      sigpic
                      donnie23fan at yahoo.com

Comment

• beaglegypsy003
                        • Mar 2010

One of my favorite jerseys is a #99 Minnesota Vikings jersey with the nameplate removed. I took a chance buying it because the price was only $100. The jersey showed heavy game use with team repairs and numerous impact marks. You could see that outline of a very short nameplate and also the outline of a patch on the upper left chest/shoulder area. It turns out the patch was the 20th Anniversary NFL Champions worn by the Vikings during the 1989 season. Al Noga, the only University of Hawaii player to be named first-team AP all-American wore #99 from 1988-92. That was a real find. Lon Lewis did a great job restoring the nameplate and patch for an additional $95.

Comment

• esquiresports
                          • Mar 2012

It looks like everyone did pretty well with their most expensive pick-ups, whether it be $100 or thousands. Nice job everyone.

Comment

• Steeleraddict
                            • Nov 2012

Great topic. I'm very impressed that in these 3 pages i don't think anyone really overpaid. I've overpaid waaaay too much compared to u guys. That I'm not even gonna post.

I think every single post paid a very reasonable amount considering u were going for ur favorite jersey. I don't have that restraint.

Oh, and nice dermonti Dawson pickup. Great price for a Steeler jersey. Got any pics to post?

Comment

• HawaiiSportsNut
                              • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Steeleraddict
                              Great topic. I'm very impressed that in these 3 pages i don't think anyone really overpaid. I've overpaid waaaay too much compared to u guys. That I'm not even gonna post.

I think every single post paid a very reasonable amount considering u were going for ur favorite jersey. I don't have that restraint.

Oh, and nice dermonti Dawson pickup. Great price for a Steeler jersey. Got any pics to post?
                              My wife said that even at $450 I overpaid by $449, she said that she could have bought way more dresses & shoes for herself for the money.
                              sigpic

Comment

• 35th&Shields
                                • Dec 2010

I paid 1K for my '08 Regular season/Blackout/playoff Home Paul Konerko jersey. It came down to that or a rd Grey Frank Thomas Gamer. While I wish I had the funds to pull the trigger on both... If we could do this deal 10 times. Every time I would pull the trigger on the Paulie. I'm sure thats debatable?

Comment

Working...