Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: How much DID you pay for your favorite game used jersey?

8,500 for HOA Steeler

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kesseldawg View Post
    Back in early 1998, I paid $2,500 for a home game used 1996 Derek Jeter rookie shirt from California Sports Investments. I got Derek to sign it when I knew him back then (I used to work in the same building he lived in) and he told me it was his. I had never spent that much before, but it was the best investment I ever made!
    Nice pick up!

Not a player jersey, actually, but a couple of jerseys that Matt Williams wore in 2007, when Brett Butler had a stroke and Matty went out to Mobile to manage the BayBears for the last couple of months of the season. The white pinstriped jersey was gone by the time I heard about the sale, and Matty told me he took the red alternate with him when he left, but the team sold me the grey road jersey and the white vest-style jersey for $125 each, and Matty signed them for me at FanFest a couple of years later. I've got a lot of Matty's stuff, including five of his player jerseys, but having his first jerseys as a Manager is something special to me.

$450 for a Kurt Suzuki 2009 Athletics alternate black & $650 for his Natiionals 2013 opening day jersey with the Sandy Hook Memorial patch.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My favorite jersey is a 2000 Michael Strahan which I paid about $425
    Chris

NY Giants, NY Yankees, Don Mattingly, Mattingly brand bats (any player)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    donnie23fan at yahoo.com

One of my favorite jerseys is a #99 Minnesota Vikings jersey with the nameplate removed. I took a chance buying it because the price was only $100. The jersey showed heavy game use with team repairs and numerous impact marks. You could see that outline of a very short nameplate and also the outline of a patch on the upper left chest/shoulder area. It turns out the patch was the 20th Anniversary NFL Champions worn by the Vikings during the 1989 season. Al Noga, the only University of Hawaii player to be named first-team AP all-American wore #99 from 1988-92. That was a real find. Lon Lewis did a great job restoring the nameplate and patch for an additional $95.

It looks like everyone did pretty well with their most expensive pick-ups, whether it be $100 or thousands. Nice job everyone.

Great topic. I'm very impressed that in these 3 pages i don't think anyone really overpaid. I've overpaid waaaay too much compared to u guys. That I'm not even gonna post.

I think every single post paid a very reasonable amount considering u were going for ur favorite jersey. I don't have that restraint.

Oh, and nice dermonti Dawson pickup. Great price for a Steeler jersey. Got any pics to post?

Quote Originally Posted by Steeleraddict View Post
    Great topic. I'm very impressed that in these 3 pages i don't think anyone really overpaid. I've overpaid waaaay too much compared to u guys. That I'm not even gonna post.

I think every single post paid a very reasonable amount considering u were going for ur favorite jersey. I don't have that restraint.

Oh, and nice dermonti Dawson pickup. Great price for a Steeler jersey. Got any pics to post?
    My wife said that even at $450 I overpaid by $449, she said that she could have bought way more dresses & shoes for herself for the money.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I paid 1K for my '08 Regular season/Blackout/playoff Home Paul Konerko jersey. It came down to that or a rd Grey Frank Thomas Gamer. While I wish I had the funds to pull the trigger on both... If we could do this deal 10 times. Every time I would pull the trigger on the Paulie. I'm sure thats debatable?