How much DID you pay for your favorite game used jersey?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • simmo2332
    • Aug 2011

How much DID you pay for your favorite game used jersey?

Just curious to know what everyone has paid in order to have their favorite jersey in their collection. I know this hobby at times can be expensive but well worth it to own a special item. Also, at the same time, people find great deals.

Feel free to post pic if you want.
  • Steelers25
    • Apr 2012

Re: How much DID you pay for your favorite game used jersey?

My favorite game used jersey is my Ryan Clark that I got straight off his back in a trade after the Steelers @ Giants game this year. The jersey I traded him was his 2003 game worn Giants jersey that I paid $250 for. That experience plus the jersey all for $250, think I did pretty well haha.

Comment

• marino13
      • Feb 2010

I paid low-$7k for a Jeter gamer (early 2011 season) - didnt think I overpaid for it. But now I looked back, I am glad I did!

Wish I had picked up another one for the similar amount.

Comment

• frikativ54
        • Dec 2007

$2,500 for Jeff Bagwell's 2005 WS jersey, photomatched to game two in Chicago. I love that shirt!
        Les Zukor
        bagwellgameused@gmail.com
        Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
        (617) 682-0408

Comment

• simmo2332
          • Aug 2011

Awesome stuff!

Any others?

Comment

• Tyrcha
            • Dec 2009

Paid $350 for my home Chicago Bears Chris Zorich gamer from 1993. Zorich was the athlete that I looked up to when I was a kid, my childhood hero so to speak. I can't complain about the price...considering it's white '93 counterpart sold for over $1300 at auction.

CBCollector.com
            Collecting
            Chicago Bears game used/worn memorabilia.

Comment

• jake33
              • Nov 2005

I have a few favorites in my collection. I got a steal on a Buccaneers jersey one time for $31 (buy it now) that I got on ebay that had 14 team repairs. Just becuase of the price that is one of my fav's. But price aside, my favorites are below...

Buccaneers
              1) Orange 1996 gamer - $51 (seller listed it on ebay incorrectly and was able to get it a good $100 uner market value)

2) Randall McDaniel 2001 pro bowl gmer - his last of his record 12 pro bowls - $475 (back in 2003 I purchased this)

3) Adam Hayward 2010 Bucs orange throwback vs. Falcons (only one I have seen hit the market) - $450 , overpaid for this for sure, but was thrilled to get it.

4) Kenyatta Walker - 2002 NFC championship game used jersey. Back in feburary 2003 I paid $440 for this on ebay (I overpaid for sure). I sold it for $275. Then I re-acquired it in 2005 by for trading 2 Bucs game used jerseys that cost me a total of $150. In 2009, I bumped into Kenyatta Walker and told him about the jersey and verified that jersey was worn in the NFC Title game. Then he gave me his email address and he agreed to sign a COA on the jersey as well.

5) Chuck Darby Super Bowl worn jersey - $500 (probably overpaid for that too, but I was finally able to run one of these down after 10 years)

RAYS

1) Russell Branyan - 2006 green alternate cool base, heavy game use, paid $55 for this from a seller who listed it in correctly. Also photo matched it as well.

2) Brad Hawpe - Craigslist purchase froma guy who got it form shirts off the back night in 2010. Great game use $250

3) Eric Hinske - road grey 2008 over paid for this at $375 at the time. Still upset I paid that much for it.

Comment

• murfsteve25
                • Oct 2008

My 1995 Atlanta Braves David Justice WS jersey was $1500. Well worth it.
                Always buying David Justice items

Comment

• dylanharr
                  • May 2010

My signed issued Matt Antonelli jersey is my favorite. I paid $75 for it

Comment

• legaleagle92481
                    Banned
                    • Oct 2009

About $6,200 and worth every penny.

Comment

• simmo2332
                      • Aug 2011

Originally posted by legaleagle92481
                      About $6,200 and worth every penny.
                      May I ask what jersey it was?

Comment

• Preston
                        • Mar 2010

$550 + a Penny Hardaway Magic game worn jersey I traded a pair of Ryan Mouton game worn pants for for a Penny Memphis State game worn jersey was well worth it.

$1,200 - Eddie George game worn jersey photomatched to our last playoff win - 1/2/2004 v. Ravens.

Also got an Albert Haynesworth game worn jersey from 2008 for $4.49 once, not one of my favorites but the best price I've ever gotten on a Titans gamer

Comment

• gingi79
                          • Aug 2007

$300 Sami Salo's only Manitoba Moose Jersey
                          $250 OJ McDuffie rookie jersey
                          $2000 Pavel Bure's White photomatched MeiGray registered jersey from his only SCF season with 3 repairs
                          Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

Comment

• kesseldawg
                            • May 2011

Back in early 1998, I paid $2,500 for a home game used 1996 Derek Jeter rookie shirt from California Sports Investments. I got Derek to sign it when I knew him back then (I used to work in the same building he lived in) and he told me it was his. I had never spent that much before, but it was the best investment I ever made!

Comment

• tom1315
                              • Mar 2008

For me $170. I searched for years trying to find a Donald Hayes 2001 season Carolina Panthers gamer and finally found one to go with my helmet. A picture is below.

Tom

Go Pack! NC State 1981 graduate
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...