Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

How much DID you pay for your favorite game used jersey?

Just curious to know what everyone has paid in order to have their favorite jersey in their collection. I know this hobby at times can be expensive but well worth it to own a special item. Also, at the same time, people find great deals.

Feel free to post pic if you want.

Re: How much DID you pay for your favorite game used jersey?

My favorite game used jersey is my Ryan Clark that I got straight off his back in a trade after the Steelers @ Giants game this year. The jersey I traded him was his 2003 game worn Giants jersey that I paid $250 for. That experience plus the jersey all for $250, think I did pretty well haha.

I paid low-$7k for a Jeter gamer (early 2011 season) - didnt think I overpaid for it. But now I looked back, I am glad I did!

Wish I had picked up another one for the similar amount.

$2,500 for Jeff Bagwell's 2005 WS jersey, photomatched to game two in Chicago. I love that shirt!
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Awesome stuff!

Any others?

Paid $350 for my home Chicago Bears Chris Zorich gamer from 1993. Zorich was the athlete that I looked up to when I was a kid, my childhood hero so to speak. I can't complain about the price...considering it's white '93 counterpart sold for over $1300 at auction.

CBCollector.com
    Collecting
    Chicago Bears game used/worn memorabilia.

I have a few favorites in my collection. I got a steal on a Buccaneers jersey one time for $31 (buy it now) that I got on ebay that had 14 team repairs. Just becuase of the price that is one of my fav's. But price aside, my favorites are below...

Buccaneers
    1) Orange 1996 gamer - $51 (seller listed it on ebay incorrectly and was able to get it a good $100 uner market value)

2) Randall McDaniel 2001 pro bowl gmer - his last of his record 12 pro bowls - $475 (back in 2003 I purchased this)

3) Adam Hayward 2010 Bucs orange throwback vs. Falcons (only one I have seen hit the market) - $450 , overpaid for this for sure, but was thrilled to get it.

4) Kenyatta Walker - 2002 NFC championship game used jersey. Back in feburary 2003 I paid $440 for this on ebay (I overpaid for sure). I sold it for $275. Then I re-acquired it in 2005 by for trading 2 Bucs game used jerseys that cost me a total of $150. In 2009, I bumped into Kenyatta Walker and told him about the jersey and verified that jersey was worn in the NFC Title game. Then he gave me his email address and he agreed to sign a COA on the jersey as well.

5) Chuck Darby Super Bowl worn jersey - $500 (probably overpaid for that too, but I was finally able to run one of these down after 10 years)

RAYS

1) Russell Branyan - 2006 green alternate cool base, heavy game use, paid $55 for this from a seller who listed it in correctly. Also photo matched it as well.

2) Brad Hawpe - Craigslist purchase froma guy who got it form shirts off the back night in 2010. Great game use $250

3) Eric Hinske - road grey 2008 over paid for this at $375 at the time. Still upset I paid that much for it.

My 1995 Atlanta Braves David Justice WS jersey was $1500. Well worth it.
    Always buying David Justice items

My signed issued Matt Antonelli jersey is my favorite. I paid $75 for it

Banned

About $6,200 and worth every penny.