Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

RYAN SANDBERG Phillies game used jersey HELP!!

What do I have here? It came from a old Phillies employee who said Rhyno gave it to him during the season. Im not fimilar with older items, so is it game used and whats it worth? My email is cubbs1232@msn.com for more photos if needed.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Re: RYAN SANDBERG Phillies game used jersey HELP!!

Inside tag
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Anybody? I see Rhyno never wore this number, im lost so any help would be great.

Very odd piece since the Phillies didn't use pullover jerseys; they would have been using the zipper front jerseys at that time. Maybe it's a Phillies minor league jersey? Not sure about what their organization was wearing in the late 70s/early 80s.

Yeah ive had a couple different members email me and say its possible its a minor league jersey because of the style and number. ive been looking everywhere with no luck. Im hoping when i take it to get signed at ST he Rhyno might remember it.

I saw this on Heritage Auctions from the this past Spring, it's an example of a 1981 Phillies ST Sandberg jersey with the zipper front, also is a size 42. Perhaps yours is another year or minor league jersey. Good luck with your search...http://sports.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleNo=7051&lotNo=81413

Yeah i saw that too. The size is correct and the stiching on the nameplate and wilson tagging is the same along with the cut of the nameplate. I dont know its baffling me.

Can't tell what uniform# he's wearing but it looks like it could be his AA Reading jersey. Doesn't look at all like the style he wore in '81 w/ Oklahoma City.

The Reading Phillies have retired the number "26" in honor of Sandberg. With that being said, there's still a good chance he wore your jersey. So much number-shifting was happening in the minors those days, it's almost unbelievable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Anthony Nunez
    Historian, USFL Houston Gamblers
    www.Houston-Gamblers.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey2007 View Post
    Can't tell what uniform# he's wearing but it looks like it could be his AA Reading jersey. Doesn't look at all like the style he wore in '81 w/ Oklahoma City.

i dont see the stripes on the collar that connect to the stripes on the shoulder.

i found another photo of sandberg using #35 in the minors so he did not use #26 exclusively in the minors, so number changing can be frequent in the minors. Good luck. I find this to be the most interesting and fun part of the search.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.