Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Thread: Piratefest 2012

Piratefest 2012

Anyone going to Piratefest this weekend? I'm looking for a jersey of a minor league guy that got called up late in the season. Anyone want to help out a forum member? I'm a reputable member of the gameworn.net forum and have a spotless ebay feeback of over 800 transactions. Not looking to rip anyone, just looking for some help in getting a jersey. If anyone is interested I'll cover the cost of your ticket in plus a few pints of Iron City!! Shoot me a note at soundtigers112f@yahoo.com if you'd like to help out. Thanks for reading!

Re: Piratefest 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderhead51 View Post
    Anyone going to Piratefest this weekend? I'm looking for a jersey of a minor league guy that got called up late in the season. Anyone want to help out a forum member? I'm a reputable member of the gameworn.net forum and have a spotless ebay feeback of over 800 transactions. Not looking to rip anyone, just looking for some help in getting a jersey. If anyone is interested I'll cover the cost of your ticket in plus a few pints of Iron City!! Shoot me a note at soundtigers112f@yahoo.com if you'd like to help out. Thanks for reading!
    Are you a Pirates fan, or just looking for the one guy?

- Smitty

Just looking for one guy in particular. I saw him play at a couple levels in the minors this summer and wanted to pick up one of his Pirates game worns.

Did anybody go to this? I have heard Piratefest is a lot worse now for game used and too expensive. The autograph signers seemed weaker as well.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Chris78 View Post
    Did anybody go to this? I have heard Piratefest is a lot worse now for game used and too expensive. The autograph signers seemed weaker as well.

Chris
    I went, but it wasn't worth taking more than a quick glance at the gu stuff. Since they outsourced their game used sales, the prices are beyond ridiculous. I think the cheapest gamer I saw was an Evan Meek for around $350. Most starters were in the $500-1000 ballpark. I can't imagine they sold much over the course of the weekend.