Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Safe way to remove "personalized"...

Got a couple football signed and personalized to me personally. This WAS how I collect autograph back in the days - personalized everything because I thought it was cool.

I want to remove my info before I give it away as a xmas gift. Is there a safe way to do it?

One is with silver marker while the other is with black sharpie.

Thanks for the help!

Re: Safe way to remove "personalized"...

I know goo-gone is great for removing autographs, as is WD-40. But it completely depends on what type of football it is too.

Quote Originally Posted by Preston View Post
    I know goo-gone is great for removing autographs, as is WD-40. But it completely depends on what type of football it is too.

The generic Wilson football.

I am going to test out your suggestion with the "To" portion and see how it goes.

if it were me i would mark a different football and try out your options before you take a flying leap on your item that has value to you then use what works best
    WTB or Trade for LSU GU Jerseys and other LSU GU items email me at gaytorhater703@gmail.com

Bad idea! That is, to attempt to remove anything written from the ball after the fact.

Quote Originally Posted by rufusandherschel View Post
    Bad idea! That is, to attempt to remove anything written from the ball after the fact.

It would be the WORST idea if I just hand it over like a hand-me-down kind of gift - with my personalized writing on it.

I already spent way over my budget and not looking to spend any more. And the kid been talking about my "personalized" football as soon as he saw it. I dont want the parents to think that I am cheap. But on the other hand, a gift is a gift right? Even it is a hand me down?

I've tried Goo Gone and WD40 and they both stain the leather. That was on Silver ink. Never tried on a Sharpie black sig.

Quote Originally Posted by marino13 View Post
    It would be the WORST idea if I just hand it over like a hand-me-down kind of gift - with my personalized writing on it.

I already spent way over my budget and not looking to spend any more. And the kid been talking about my "personalized" football as soon as he saw it. I dont want the parents to think that I am cheap. But on the other hand, a gift is a gift right? Even it is a hand me down?
    Just to be clear, I stated what I did/said for the reason just posted by NEFAN.

I've heard of people using just plain old erasers to take off personalized messages on posters, not sure if it would work on a football but its worth a shot since it's not messy.
    Always looking for anything John Flaherty, Drew Storen and Marcell Ozuna game used.
    jaeger_danny@yahoo.com

This stuff works great, and won't do any damage.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~