Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

Banned

Re: (New Thread) Game Used Jerseys, Bats and more for sale!!

Quote Originally Posted by gorilla777 View Post
    Just wanted an excuse to use this, that's all....
    Now thats hysterical lol

Well thanks for offering an explanation as to what happened. I wasn't aware the time period in question was post-hurricane when everything was in chaos. I was also affected by Sandy and it took about 10 days for things to return to any semblance of normalcy for me.

As far as people here judging my character I think is a joke. let me explain why. All of you are quick to crucify the seller. What about the buyer??
    Huge Example (I will not mention names) Someone on the forum who really really wanted an item for a couple of years kept posting want ads for an item. I happened to have it and really really didnt want to sell it. But I like the guy, and I know the Game Used item was of his favorite athlete. And I know what its like to want and item of your favorite athlete and cant find it or maybe another person has it and doesnt want to sell it. It Sucks!! So I said you know what this guy really wants I might as well as let him have it. So I reached out to him and said hey, I have the item do you want it he said YES. I sold it to him and again I was away woth work and got a little delayed to send it to him but I did send it a short time after. I did explain to him in emails what was going on, when I had the opportunity too.
    Our last communication was the buyer told me "I hope we can still be friends"
    We have not spoken since, because I am sure he has his life as well as I have mine.
    Then he comes on here out of the blue in (this thread) and points out the situation we had.
    First of all the past is the past!!! Second of all you have the nerve to say you hope we can still be friends and then turn around and try to call me out in this thread???? Thats a huge spit in the face especially after I sold something to the guy that he really wanted and that I really didnt want to sell. So lets talk about judging THE BUYERS character!!!

I'm the buyer whose character is being judged....so let me reply. First, I can't give any facts on any of Jasons rebuttal to what has gone on in the rest of the thread except for the transaction I had w/ him. Anything more than my transaction w/ him would be purely opinion on my end. The hurricane was a horrible situation for so many & my heart goes out to anyone involved. I'm sure the ebay report brought in question, I would imagine no negatives were before the hurricane or no new listings after. I haven't checked & I'll take Jason on his word that's what happened. That being said, let me first say Jason, I hope all is well after the hurricane. You have been a long time member here & I have enjoyed many of your posts. As for our transaction, you stated "Someone on the forum who really really wanted an item for a couple of years kept posting want ads for an item. I happened to have it and really really didn't want to sell it. But I like the guy, and I know the Game Used item was of his favorite athlete. And I know what its like to want and item of your favorite athlete and cant find it or maybe another person has it and doesn't want to sell it. It Sucks!! So I said you know what this guy really wants I might as well as let him have it. So I reached out to him and said hey, I have the item do you want it he said YES. " Well, the email I got was the same email a half dozen other members got about an Ivan Rodriguez bat for sale, you offered it to multiple people. Next you state this "I sold it to him and again I was away woth work and got a little delayed to send it to him but I did send it a short time after. I did explain to him in emails what was going on, when I had the opportunity too." Well, if your sending it a short time after is over a month, then yes, you are correct. If explaining to me in emails what was going on means "I've been tied up w/ a lot of things" , "personal issues" and "it was shipped all ready " (when it wasn't), then yes, I guess you did explain to me what was going on. Finally you say "Our last communication was the buyer told me "I hope we can still be friends" We have not spoken since, because I am sure he has his life as well as I have mine." Yes, 100% my last email I said "I hope we can still be friends". That's my way of offering a handshake & hoping we can put everything behind us. But that email, like many of mine sent to you, was never answered. My last email from you had this to remember you by "I received an email from a mod on the forum that your complaining to them about me. I am not surr what you feel by going to them is going to accomplish??? I am a grown man as i thought you were. Do you feel one of the moderators is my father??? " So once again, the facts of our transaction was I replied to an email you had sent to me as well as others, I paid, after a month of no bat & very few emails answered, I contacted a moderator. I then finally received the bat. So if you want to call my character into question, I have nothing to hide. If getting a hold of a moderator after a month was out of line, Jason, I apologize. If posting my experience w/ our transaction was out of line , I apologize. I am more than happy if you want to call my character into question...heck, start a thread about it, because if I did anyone wrong, I'd want to make it right, at the very least apologize. I'm sure we all may upset some people w/out even knowing it. So yes, if theres anyone out there whose had bad dealings w/ me, as a buyer or seller, please let me know, on this thread or start a new one. Our character & reputation mean a lot, not just in this hobby but everyday life. I'm not out to make enemy's. I honestly think a lot of people just wanted you to say you took some of the blame or responsibility in some of those dealings. Maybe its the grandfather in me, but saying I'm sorry goes a long ways. So once again Jason, if I did something you felt out of line, I'm sorry. So ever after all this Jason, I'll still ask if you want to be friends, put this behind us. If so, I need to hear it from you too. I enjoy this hobby to much to hold a grudge or to knowingly upset someone else. I guess its back to you now.
    always looking for Detroit Tiger world series player bats......game used 2006 & 2012 world series items....Quintin Berry bats....also interested in Ivan Rodriguez bats...
    Thank you, Dale
    tigers1984@comcast.net

Banned

I think TigerDale you called your own character into question on this one, as I did not mention names nor did you mention I emailed you directly and you chose to reply here and air out your dirty laundry which further adds to my point. You could of easily just responded to me directly but instead you chose you want to get attention and make a point in front of everyone else.

This all gets a bit childish and boring.

If you would like to further continue this conversation you can email me directly or further prove my point, by discussing here.

Jason,

Why relate the story of this "buyer" and when the buyer responds offering his version of the story and asking you if he did anything wrong, you get defensive and offer to take this offline.

It seems you want to publicly only offer your defense but don't want anyone to hear anything from any of the buyers who have had transactions with you.

This is not a fair way to clear up your situation.
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Quote Originally Posted by metsbats View Post
    Jason,

Why relate the story of this "buyer" and when the buyer responds offering his version of the story and asking you if he did anything wrong, you get defensive and offer to take this offline.

It seems you want to publicly only offer your defense but don't want anyone to hear anything from any of the buyers who have had transactions with you.

+1

This has been a great read! Lol!

Suave one thing I may add. You say you don't feel a need to defend yourself or what not. However, the only thing buyers have to go on is the reputation of the seller. By selling you've made it important to you to have a good reputation. You can not care I guess but you won't sell much.

I find it odd that you weren't up front about the hardships with Sandy that you faced and that you chose to be so arrogant and blasé about it all. I doubt a single person here wouldn't have understood that. We all know this is a hobby and that life takes presedence over it. I am not calling you a liar, however the way you've handled this situation has made me ponder why after the outrage got so loud did you then step up with an excuse of it was the hurricames fault.

I hope this can be a lesson to you and us all that arrogance and deflecting issues don't work out well. That our reputations matter because its a reflection of who we are as a person.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by metsbats View Post
    Jason,

DavidLouie your actually completely wrong. Please reread the thread!!

The buyer took a shot at me first. I then proceeded with 2 emails directly to the person which they ignored at that point is when I made my example which I left the persons name out of it. So what did they have to defend?? Nothing I never mentioned who they were and no one here knew who I was talking about. The buyer decided to implicate himself and yet still ignored the emails I sent them directly.

I have no problem anyone defending themselves but lets be clear who took shots at who first!!